Boarding question

rhiannon35

I'm new to NCL but not cruising and wondering how and when you find out what group/time you're boarding.

Sailing Getaway in March, not sure if we can just show up at pier when we want (that's what we do with DCL), or get a specific time and if so, when we would get that time.

We like to board fairly early. Thanks in advance for any help/tips.

NCL called our home phone, not once but twice, on the DAY BEFORE we were to sail out of Miami in December 2013, leaving a recorded message telling us that there was limited room for waiting and not to show up before 2pm.

Our red-eye flight got to MIA at 7:30am and we were bored silly by 12-12:30 walking around and around the airport. We got to the port at exactly 1pm -- there was plenty of room (not empty, but no one sitting on the floor either) -- it was orderly and fast and we were in our stateroom by 2pm exactly.

Which meant, no lunch on board and no time to walk around getting the layout of the ship before muster and sailaway.

Next time, we are not getting the message!

Edited by crystalspin

NCL called our home phone, not once but twice, on the DAY BEFORE we were to sail out of Miami in December 2013, leaving a recorded message telling us that there was limited room for waiting and not to show up before 2pm.

Our red-eye flight got to MIA at 7:30am and we were bored silly by 12-12:30 walking around and around the airport. We got to the port at exactly 1pm -- there was plenty of room (not empty, but no one sitting on the floor either) -- it was orderly and fast and we were in our stateroom by 2pm exactly.

Which meant, no lunch on board and no time to walk around getting the layout of the ship before muster and sailaway.

Next time, we are not getting the message!

That's terrible! I'll keep that in mind in case I get a phone call.

Thanks for advice everyone. We will plan to arrive early. I like to have lunch on the ship:)