Carnival Live

lablover61

The reason for the limited roll out is to see what works, what does not work and how to make adjustments...if they work out the :rolleyes:kinks:rolleyes: then they roll out another phase

If a concept is not received well, you put it to bed and move on...give Carnival credit for trying new things...standing "pat" while it's competition moves forward is not in the best interest of anyone

Remember something..the fan base for most of theses acts tend to be on the older side of the scale:cool: it's like watching PBS during their annual Pledge Drive Week with the shows from the 60's-70's-80's....we know the words to all their hits..it triggers memories of our youth..we dance, we celebrate the fact we are alive (and comment how much older looking the artists are) and can afford to be able to be on the cruise to hear them...for 90 minutes it's worth it and it provides a memory long after your cruise

Just because it may not be your cup of tea, why deny those that are excited about it

Just wish it were on ships other than the Fantasy class.....yuck!! We don't sail on that class of ship ever, why would we for a concert?? If they offered better larger ships, with a fairly good itinerary.....STUPENDOUS!!! We would be booking NOW! (and yes, I saw the Breeze for 2 different concerts......out of the dozens offered).

Just wish it were on ships other than the Fantasy class.....yuck!! We don't sail on that class of ship ever, why would we for a concert?? If they offered better larger ships, with a fairly good itinerary.....STUPENDOUS!!! We would be booking NOW! (and yes, I saw the Breeze for 2 different concerts......out of the dozens offered).

Some of us prefer Fantasy class, skip the bigger ships.:D

Some of us prefer Fantasy class, skip the bigger ships.:D

It makes this CarnivalLive thing even better. They have taken an older class of ships, for most part (I know the Fantasy still does some 7 day cruises) and adds to them a good option. Not only does it fit (smaller number of customers on the ship), it re-vitalizes the Fantasy class of ships. BTW, I enjoy the Fantasy class as well. Wish more of them had balconies.

It makes this CarnivalLive thing even better. They have taken an older class of ships, for most part (I know the Fantasy still does some 7 day cruises) and adds to them a good option. Not only does it fit (smaller number of customers on the ship), it re-vitalizes the Fantasy class of ships. BTW, I enjoy the Fantasy class as well. Wish more of them had balconies.

As the Fantasy class ships do not have all the "bells and whistles"of the newer ships, CCL is actually enhancing the cruise options for this class of ship. I still will not cruise just to see a paid for concert, but applaud CCL for trying something new and different.

Edited by Georgiagolfer
spelling

My family really enjoys the Fantasy class ships. They're easy to get around and more intimate feeling.

My only complaint about Carnival Live is that there's no Journey. I paid more than $20 for lawn seats last time I saw them, and it was well worth it. I think my dad would really enjoy seeing Chicago, though.

As the Fantasy class ships do not have all the "bells and whistles"of the newer ships, CCL is actually enhancing the cruise options for this class of ship. I still will not cruise just to see a paid for concert, but applaud CCL for trying something new and different.

I agree, it potentially adds something to that class of ships and can add to their usefulness (in terms of life left to the company) to Carnival. They (Fantasy class of ships) do offer their own "flair" to cruising. As you say, they don't offer some of the bells and whistles of newer classes, but a still very enjoyable cruising experience. With the lack of new builds (compared to the other major cruise companies) Carnival will either have to re-invent something along these lines or change their philosophy on what they offer to the cruising public.

My family really enjoys the Fantasy class ships. They're easy to get around and more intimate feeling.

My only complaint about Carnival Live is that there's no Journey. I paid more than $20 for lawn seats last time I saw them, and it was well worth it. I think my dad would really enjoy seeing Chicago, though.

WOW, Journey would be an excellent fit.:)

They definitely are easier to navigate. Being smaller, you also tend to see the same passengers daily (good, bad and/or indifferent). :rolleyes:

There would be posters on this board that would complain about that :eek:taking away their option of using the pool or something along that line

Cruisers that have been on full charter music cruises would share that a concert on the lido deck at night is incredible