NCL Ships on Google/Apple Maps

KeithJenner

Most likely nowhere, or possibly in 2 or 3 different places…

I should have been more specific. Does anyone know whether the Jade is on Google Maps, or if it's nowhere? And if it's not nowhere, specifically any of the two or three places it might be in?

Google maps are not live.

I'm aware of this. I should have been more specific. I'm not asking for a live aerial feed from an aircraft hovering over the ship.

I'm asking if anyone knows if there are any locations on Earth where the Jade was at the same time as the aerial photographs that show that area were taken.

I hadn't planned on this getting so complicated/pedantic.

This is so cool! On a related note, when the Getaway was cruising to Rio last summer, I found a ship tracking app on my iphone. I followed her all the way from Miami to Rio. You can apparently track all kinds of ships as the app shows not just cruise ships, but many different kinds of vessels. You just search for the ship you want to find.

Since ships spent so much time at sea, the chances of it being caught on a aerial shot drops. So, some ships might not exist anywhere. There is also cloud cover issues. Yea, the sat pics should still catch a ship at sea... but who has time to scan the ocean? LOL

The website: marinetraffic.com shows a graphic of where the ship is located. The graphics and colors are different for the different kinds of vessels. There are tons of ships out there!! Again I tracked the Getaway from Germany to Tallinn through the Baltic sea, but it just shows a little dark blue graphic of a ship with a red square around it to identify the ship you want to find. (My son is on the Getaway-therefore the interest. This is the Getaway's first trip around this itinerary).