Ruby Princess bathroom???

cruzcactus

I will be sailing on Ruby Princess, I was wondering if there are no handicap cabins available, are there grab bars in bathrooms in balcony staterooms? I will have to shower her, and is the size of shower large enough for a shower chair to go in? What are the size dimensions of the shower?

Thank you

I will be sailing on Ruby Princess, I was wondering if there are no handicap cabins available, are there grab bars in bathrooms in balcony staterooms? I will have to shower her, and is the size of shower large enough for a shower chair to go in? What are the size dimensions of the shower?

Thank you

Just off the Ruby. We were in a Caribe deck balcony cabin where the shower was very small. I'm not sure of the dimensions, but if I dropped the soap I had to be careful not to push the curtain out when I picked it up and I am not a particularly large person. There was one grab bar , but I doubt if there was room for a stool. The shower head was fixed, so you couldn't easily shower someone else.

I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but better to be aware of potential problems ahead of time. We had a great cruise, Ruby is a very friendly and happy ship.

Sheila

Thank you for responding.

Off the wall would you say the shower is 3x3 or larger. She has a portable shower chair that she will bring. And I would assist her, but I will not be in the shower, just on the outside.

Thank you again.....

I would say 3X3 is pretty close, maybe even a little less. :eek:

You maybe OK.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thank you

I am assuming you requested a handicap cabin. If so, those are quite large. Also the bathroom does not have that step up. Be careful, my sister took a nasty fall on one of the regular cabins.

Is a mini suite an option? That has a tub/shower combo. That would only work if she can step over the tub.

But I agree with other posters - those showers are very small. It is tight getting 2 people in there in the morning. - one in shower and the other brushing teeth.

Good luck with cabin assignment and have a great cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app