Most annoying thing about cruising solo?

Pami1968

I call it that since the idea that, if you are not part of a twosome, you just don't belong anywhere in life. I've always found it amusing. How often do you see people in couples, or families, arguing and having trouble with each other on their cruises? I don't know about you, but I see it a lot. I never have that problem.

Also, married women who eye a single woman traveling alone and think I'm after their husband. Yeah, I'm really interested in your 70 year old guy with the plaid shorts and striped top.

Make it him 75 with a tank top and I'm there!!!:eek:;)

YUMMO!!!:p:D:rolleyes:

They bother you at NCL with a picture in front of a backdrop right before you are boarding. Next time I am declining. I don't want to be bothered with that nonsense

Me too...last time I was bothered with this, I told them to get me a backdrop with a young Mickey Rourke in it, and THEN I would stand for the picture....the guy was French and completely understood....LOL.....

On Star Clippers they don't do this nonsense, but one thing they do for solos is they pose WITH you. I always thought that was a nice welcoming touch and I did buy those. I don't want to look at a photo of myself, but I'll be happy to look at a photo of me with the best looking officer onboard. :D

Funny!

On one trip I had Carnival make a tshirt with a logo "Unfriendly to Solo Cruisers!" across the ship picture. I posed for that one!

Aside from the single supplement, the most annoying thing is not having someone to "save my seat". I find a great chair to lounge and read. But at some point, I have to get up to use the facilities--- that wonderful seat I was using is now occupied by someone else.

Oh the inhumanity! :D

Edited by JoePatNYCT

Aside from the single supplement, the most annoying thing is not having someone to "save my seat". I find a great chair to lounge and read. But at some point, I have to get up to use the facilities--- that wonderful seat I was using is now occupied by someone else.

Oh the inhumanity! :D

That's my main moan of travelling solo too. It's worse when you Bo to a beach and have other stuff with you. You can't go into the water because there's no one to guard your belongings.

Also annoying if you need to use the bathroom at an airport before the bag drop has opened as you have to haul all your luggage with you. When travelling with others, it so easy, you each guard each other's places and belongings.