Liberty 2/6.few questions..

jled

I am sailing on the Liberty on Feb 6..Few questions. I am in a D2 Superior Balcony. My last few RCL cruises have been in Junior Suites but this works out, we want to be across the hall from my adult kids who are in a Promenade Inside Cabin on Deck 8. I want to make sure that the D2 Superior Balcony has hair dryers in the rooms. I am trying to pack with just carry on bags, no checked bags, so I need to pack as light as possible. Also, since its a short 4 night cruise, is the Formal Night a " not very formal night". I know most shorter Caribbean sailings usually are. Just want to make sure my husband will be okay in a dress shirt and dress pants...Somehow bringing a jacket seems a little " over the top" on such a short weekend cruise. We were on the Splendour in October out of Venice and the formal night was definitely more formal, but even then there were men with just dress shirts. Its easy for women, our dresses roll up so small. Does the Liberty have the SPIN classes on the back deck of the ship? The Splendour had that and it was awesome...Any other secrets or tricks for the Liberty?? I have been on many cruises and I know that there are always tricks and suggestions...Thanks in advance

I am sailing on the Liberty on Feb 6..Few questions. I am in a D2 Superior Balcony. My last few RCL cruises have been in Junior Suites but this works out, we want to be across the hall from my adult kids who are in a Promenade Inside Cabin on Deck 8. I want to make sure that the D2 Superior Balcony has hair dryers in the rooms. I am trying to pack with just carry on bags, no checked bags, so I need to pack as light as possible. Also, since its a short 4 night cruise, is the Formal Night a " not very formal night". I know most shorter Caribbean sailings usually are. Just want to make sure my husband will be okay in a dress shirt and dress pants...Somehow bringing a jacket seems a little " over the top" on such a short weekend cruise. We were on the Splendour in October out of Venice and the formal night was definitely more formal, but even then there were men with just dress shirts. Its easy for women, our dresses roll up so small. Does the Liberty have the SPIN classes on the back deck of the ship? The Splendour had that and it was awesome...Any other secrets or tricks for the Liberty?? I have been on many cruises and I know that there are always tricks and suggestions...Thanks in advance

Will answer what i can - yes there are blowdryers, I don't like them so I always take my own, but they are there. There is a "formal" night but you will see a wide variety. We don't "dress to the nines" for short cruises. I wear a nice halter dress and DH wears silk shirt/slacks.

Don't miss the Air Show and Sat Night Fever. Both are great. Been on Liberty 6 times and love it. One of my favorite ships. Not sure if they have SPIN classses on on the back deck, but I do think they have SPIN classes in the fitness center. very nice gym I use it every day while on the ship.

Hair dryers, yes. DW used it. She did not complain about it so I assume it was OK. If it is terrible, she WILL talk to someone ;)

Formal night, Go with a dress shirt and tie. I took my suit but only because we wanted some good pictures. You will be fine. Spin, I don't think they do it Aft. All the bikes were in the workout room at the front of the ship every morning. I doubt they move them around the ship too often. Plus on the Liberty, not really sure where they would do the spin class??

Secrets, the only ones I have are

1. the craps table did not roll well the entire time

2. I was able to get good seats around the pool as late as 10:30

3. If you are into it, the cigar bar attendant was fantastic. sorry on the name, Scotch does that to you ya know :)

Happy Cruising!!

We just returned from a Liberty 5 day that sailed 1/18-1/23. We found that not as many people on the shorter cruises dress formally. DH wore a nice shirt and trousers which did not look at all out of place. We sailed on a Freedom OTS 7 day in October, and many more people(especially women) were dressed up.

Everyone at our table on the 1 formal night on Liberty was dressed nicely, but none of the 3 men wore jackets. I saw only 1 tux at our our seating. Have fun!

Barb