Getaway B6 reviews

SissasMomE

Same here - booked for October and wondering which ones have the bed by the windows and which ones have the bath in that position.

You can tell that from the pictures on NCL's web site. The indented part is where the bed is. The "bump out" part is where the couch is. What is your cabin number?

• 1 year later...
Anyone just off - how did you like your B6 large balcony?

Hi SissasMomE,

As a mom myself, I've always trusted your reviews. I'm teetering on the idea of changing my room to a B6 (I currently have an angled balcony on deck 12 just to be closer to Splash Academy for the kids). But, I would like to have a bigger balcony to enjoy. So, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it! You may just tip the scale on this one for me. :D

Not to rush you or anything but when do expect to post on it? I want to be on the lookout for it. :p

Thanks,

Mimi

I had a M6, not a B6, but did a cabin crawl and did see a B6.

B6 cabins are under the regular sized balconies so at the end people can see your balcony so keep that in mind. If you want privacy and a bigger balcony go aft.

B6 is the same as your regular balcony except that it's bigger. Like an aft it has 2 loungers and 1 chair. I forget if it had a regular sized table or not. The person on my sailing had a forward cabin and movement was VERY noticeable, so much so that she said she would never book forward again.

The person on my sailing had a forward cabin and movement was VERY noticeable, so much so that she said she would never book forward again.

Hm. I thought the long walk to the elevators was weighing heavily on me. Here's something else to consider...

Thanks,

Mimi

Hm. I thought the long walk to the elevators was weighing heavily on me. Here's something else to consider...

Thanks,

Mimi

Some of the B6 are more towards the mid section. All the M6 are on deck 8 and I had one of the last ones before they went regular balconies. I also believe that hers was higher up on deck 12 or 13 I think which I heard can have an effect on feeling movement. My sailing was October 25th and a storm had just came through so the waters were rougher than usual. First day the pool might as well have been a wave pool...

I'm still hoping for more reviews on this. Specifically on the Getaway. I have a 9th floor balcony and I have seen where the front half or so of the balcony is visible, but I don't see that as a major issue. It is somewhat forward, but I don't expect to have issues with motion sickness.

Hi SissasMomE,

As a mom myself, I've always trusted your reviews. I'm teetering on the idea of changing my room to a B6 (I currently have an angled balcony on deck 12 just to be closer to Splash Academy for the kids). But, I would like to have a bigger balcony to enjoy. So, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it! You may just tip the scale on this one for me. :D

Not to rush you or anything but when do expect to post on it? I want to be on the lookout for it. :p

Thanks,

Mimi

Do it!! I love that cabin, and would not hesitate to book it again. All of the B6's are located on Deck 9. As you know, they are forward ... so it can be a bit of a walk, but it was never an issue for us. Our balcony had a full size table, 4 chairs, and a lounger. The front of the balcony is exposed to people above you, but it really isn't a big deal. Most people (the normal ones, anyway) aren't going to spend their vacation staring at you on your balcony lol The regular balconies on the Getaway are so small, I just can't imagine sailing in one. The angled ones did not look to be that much bigger. I would definitely switch!!

Thanks,

Mimi

We had 3 of these, and none of us felt any more movement than we have felt in any other cabin.

Edited by SissasMomE

Some of the B6 are more towards the mid section. All the M6 are on deck 8 and I had one of the last ones before they went regular balconies. I also believe that hers was higher up on deck 12 or 13 I think which I heard can have an effect on feeling movement. My sailing was October 25th and a storm had just came through so the waters were rougher than usual. First day the pool might as well have been a wave pool...

ALL of the B6s are deck 9, and all are forward. They are right above the M6s.

We had 9128, it had a lounger. Couldn't feel any more movement in cabin than anywhere else on the ship. The balcony size it great. It is a bit of a walk down the hallway. For our next cruise I picked the angled balcony on 12 because of close location to the stairs. I hope I don't miss the lounger too much but will have a little more room with the angle.

We've done the B6 two times on the Getaway. We loved the extra balcony real estate. We had room for a large table, two chairs and a lounger.

The front of the balcony, the extra compared to the regular balconies, is exposed but there remains the same amount of deck 'hidden' below deck 10 balconies. We like that you can almost always have sun or shade.

We try to get a B6 closest to the stairs to minimize walking. If we have to walk a little farther we can justify eating more ice cream.

Do it!! I love that cabin, and would not hesitate to book it again. All of the B6's are located on Deck 9. As you know, they are forward ... so it can be a bit of a walk, but it was never an issue for us. Our balcony had a full size table, 4 chairs, and a lounger. The front of the balcony is exposed to people above you, but it really isn't a big deal. Most people (the normal ones, anyway) aren't going to spend their vacation staring at you on your balcony lol The regular balconies on the Getaway are so small, I just can't imagine sailing in one. The angled ones did not look to be that much bigger. I would definitely switch!!

I had already made up my mind to stick with the angled balcony due to the proximity to the elevators. But, now you're really making me consider it all over again!!! lol Do you have any pics by chance? Also, which rooms did you have? Were they way forward or the furthest back? I guess everyone's interpretation of movement is different. I expect there to be some, I'm on a ship after all. However, not ever having been in anything other an a mid-ship cabin, I don't know how bad it could get. :D

Thanks,

Mimi

Edited by ChiMimi69