Carnival Dream Cabin Selection?

lola23048

Hi everyone,

My husband are still debating on what cabin to book on the Carnival Dream (March 1st sailing). We are going to get a balcony room regardless, but our options are dwindling and I'm looking for any reviews on which decks are best, room reviews, etc.

I'm really looking for something that's quiet and private, so I was thinking the Spa deck, but I've been seeing a lot of mixed reviews. So throw out any and all of your experiences!

Thanks so much!

We had room 12202 on the Dream and LOVED it!

With only 7 other cabins in our hallway, it was ALWAYS quiet.

The spa showers were so convenient as well and only 45 seconds away.

While my partner would use the cabin shower to freshen for dinner I'd walk around the corner to the spa showers, which were huge/private.

Beyond that, the spa accommodations are phenomenal as well.

The only downside to deck 12 (Spa Deck) is the balconies are NOT covered, so there is direct sunlight beating down and anyone on the deck above you (which the Serenity was above us) could look down onto you.

Good luck in making a choice and I hope my insight helped!

Thanks surf jock! I was wondering if the spa deck would be quieter for that reason. I've been on a few cruises before and had issues with noise and being able to hear kids running up and down the halls so I'm looking for an area that would have less of that.

Did you have problems with noise from the deck above?

Thanks surf jock! I was wondering if the spa deck would be quieter for that reason. I've been on a few cruises before and had issues with noise and being able to hear kids running up and down the halls so I'm looking for an area that would have less of that.

Did you have problems with noise from the deck above?

We had NO noise issues at all, from the hall or above.

The hall only has 7 other cabins and above you is the Serenity area (on the Port side).

The Seaboard side has 11 cabins and above you would be the Serenity area and massage rooms.

I don't think you can go wrong with the old mid-ship balcony on Empress or Verandah, well away from both the promenade and Lido. I would avoid anything higher due to outside deck noise on Lido and perhaps foot traffic on the spa. We like the aft-facing balcony but less privacy from above if you are by the rail.

We've booked 7448 in April, which is an L-shaped balcony room, in which the balcony is twice the size as normal. I'm definitely okay with sacrificing a little square footage in the room to double my balcony. We also have the adjoining room, so the balcony is going to be huge!

Thanks all for these great comments. I'm trying to decide between a balcony room on the spa deck and an aft extended balcony.

The only rooms left for the aft extended are on upper (#6498) and verandah (#8468). Any reviews/suggestions? I care more about the noise level than I do about actual size of room/balcony.

Thanks all for these great comments. I'm trying to decide between a balcony room on the spa deck and an aft extended balcony.

The only rooms left for the aft extended are on upper (#6498) and verandah (#8468). Any reviews/suggestions? I care more about the noise level than I do about actual size of room/balcony.

8468 should be quiet. The balcony is also about a third bigger than the others also.

I would caution you about booking a balcony cabin on the Upper deck-you won't have any privacy as the Lanai is directly underneath and people walking around out there can look straight onto your balcony. Also, depending on where the upper balcony cabin is, you may be right near one of the hot tubs on the Lanai. I have stayed in 8201 and was very happy with this cabin!

We have balcony room on spa deck on our next cruise but I think the spa balcony rooms on the Panorama deck would be my first choice-port side. Just looked online and room 11222 or 11226 look like good rooms. If you want to get more sun, 12206 would be a good location. Those rooms are still available on your cruise. I would not pick a spa deck balcony room close to the water slides.

We had the balcony room 11248 last summer and loved it. It was the last room before the spa balconies so we knew if the carpet changed color we had passed the room. We loved it so much that I booked to again for our March Cruise. It was very quiet and close to everything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you all for your great responses! Between decks 11 & 12 for the Cloud 9 Spa rooms, which would be better?

One thing to consider, on Panorama you have only staterooms. It was super quiet for us. On spa you'll have more traffic near you as it is adjacent to the public areas. I'm not sure if that provides any noise or not as we've only stayed on panorama. Being on spa deck would mean you wouldn't have to take the elevator or stairs to the offerings on that deck. Personally, I don't think you'd be displeased with either.

We had a spa balcony port side on 11/Panorama and although the room itself was awesome, it has to be hands down our worst room because the free-weights were directly above us and there was no enforcement of the closing time apparently for employees. We had to call guest services every night between 10pm and midnight because our young children thought the roof was crashing in and it was louder than loud when weights were erratically and recklessly dropped on our heads. You had no warning when a huge crash was coming and it was very alarming. Whatever happened to slowly lowering your weights? Otherwise, the treadmill noise at 6am was sort of melodic, repetitive, and not an issue. I heard from others all along our hallway, both balcony and interior, that the weight dropping noise was an issue.

Our balcony was covered, but remember you are on the 11th floor and everyone on the ground appears tiny. Great views of the landscape.

We also had an interior spa starboard side on 11/Panorama which has to be hands down the quietest room we have ever had. It was also the tiniest four-person cabin we have ever been in, but the cost was our best value ever, including the spa amenities.

The proximity of both these rooms to camp for drop-off, lido for breakfast and lunch, and the lido area, serenity, waterworks (don't worry, you don't hear anything) and the spa is wonderful. There are not many children up there in those halls, just ours, LOL. There are also lots of elevators because you are near the atrium and have something like 8 to choose from when you head down to the lanai or dinner, etc.

From what I have read, the deck 12 balcony rooms are the ones with no or minimal overhead protection, so you either love it or hate it, depending on how much sun and socialization you desire.

My advice is to grab a starboard 11 balcony, just in case the gym weight-lifting problem has not been solved. Unless the employees actually try to watch tv, talk, or sleep in the rooms under the weights, they have no idea how loud and disruptive dropping weights on the floor is to the entire hallway below, but unimaginably so to the few rooms directly underneath. If you stay up past midnight, they may be done working out, but we had to ask for quiet due to our children needing to go to bed- and the gym is supposed to close at ten or we would not have booked that room with children knowing this was going to happen every single night.

I have to agree with others about midship balcony rooms, however, they are the best hands-down for proximity to everything and best views.

We love the Dream, but you have to be aware of the great size and plan accordingly, arrive early, expect lines, etc. If you want peace, get a spa package and use it every day like we did! Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We sailed on the dream two years ago and had a quad spa balcony on deck 11 right under the free weight area mentioned above. Saw various posts before we sailed about the noise and was worried but it turned out to not be an issue.

Loved the spa access and used the locker room/shower every day instead of the cabin shower. No comparison and worth the cost alone. Balcony was small but fine for a couple of people. make sure about smoking as it was not supposed to be allowed around there but every morning it smelled like an old bingo hall ! Having to walk up the stairs to the spa was no big deal but we are booked on the spa level for the Sunshine this April just to try being on the same floor. Flip flops and bathrobes !

Back to the gym noise. Our son was in the "upper" bed that stows in the ceiling and he had no complaints about noise. We did hear/feel a lot of crashes as weights were dropped. I hit the gym every day at 6-6:30 am and it was always the same group and they were respectful about noise. The main crashes came later as people who likely don't use the gym regularly came in and used the machines (not free weights). The leg machines are the main culprit as they stack up way more than the should and then drop the whole thing when they figure out they are over their limit. If its a concern get a cabin on the starboard side of the ship and forward as that gets you out from under the weights.

Thank you so much cruise life. that was really helpful, and it's good to know about the weight room right above deck 11, port. i haven't been on the dream before so I'm unfamiliar with the deck plans. Do you know what's above deck 11, starboard side? the only spa rooms left on panorama are forward, very front of the boat (rooms 11209, 11225, 11237 & 11243). the higher numbers look like they're close to stairs and an elevator bank, so i'm thinking they might get more traffic/noise. But I can't tell if there are rooms above those or if it's part of the spa above.

I think you've got me sold on deck 11, starboard. Now it's just a matter of which forward room!

Thank you so much cruise life. that was really helpful, and it's good to know about the weight room right above deck 11, port. i haven't been on the dream before so I'm unfamiliar with the deck plans. Do you know what's above deck 11, starboard side? the only spa rooms left on panorama are forward, very front of the boat (rooms 11209, 11225, 11237 & 11243). the higher numbers look like they're close to stairs and an elevator bank, so i'm thinking they might get more traffic/noise. But I can't tell if there are rooms above those or if it's part of the spa above.

I think you've got me sold on deck 11, starboard. Now it's just a matter of which forward room!

I don't think that you could go wrong with 11237 or 11243.

We have also stayed recently in 11240 and our girls were over in 11223 ( boys near us in 11224). With either 237 or 243 you would have cabins above and that gives you minimal noise risk.11237 is the same distance from the elevators as 11240 and we never heard any noise from that area. In general this whole area was quiet. We had a screaming baby one cabin fwd of us on our sailing which was miserable at times, but I would definitely stay up here again. If I had the choice though, I would not book next to a quad. Just incase! LOL With that in mind, I would have to lean towards 11243 if I were you :o

We also loved 6479 on a previous Dream sailing. We never found the promenade below to be a problem. People just didn't stop and congregate there. Also had no problems with noise from the lounge. The location in the corridor is ideal and very very peaceful.