Top Class Car Rental or Drive-A-Matic Car Rental

Fouremco

We will be renting a car for the day in March when we visit. While we had originally planned on using Stoutes, they no longer have a port office and won't even deliver. I emailed and was told I'd have to make my way to the airport on my own to pick up a vehicle. :(

Both Top Class Car Rental and Drive-A-Matic will deliver, but beyond that, I don't know much about either company. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has had experience with either one or has seen reviews or comments elsewhere.

I used Drive-a-Matic last week, and I was pleased with their sevice.

I was flying in, so I picked it up at the airport. Right before I got to my hotel, the GPS stopped working. After I checked in, I called Drive-A-Matic, and they dispatched someone to the hotel with a new GPS. (It turned out the 12V outlet in the car was bad. I decided to just do without.)

When I dropped it off at the port,. they just has me park it on a side street right outside the entrance to the terminal; walking in with luggage was a bit much, but it would have been fine for a day trip.

Aloha,

John

I was flying in, so I picked it up at the airport. Right before I got to my hotel, the GPS stopped working. After I checked in, I called Drive-A-Matic, and they dispatched someone to the hotel with a new GPS. (It turned out the 12V outlet in the car was bad. I decided to just do without.)

When I dropped it off at the port,. they just has me park it on a side street right outside the entrance to the terminal; walking in with luggage was a bit much, but it would have been fine for a day trip.

Aloha,

John

Thanks for post...We are there in November and I just reserved a car online. (it says, "Thank You for choosing Drive-A-Matic Car Rentals. Your Booking Request has been sent.

Our Reservations Department will send you your booking confirmation number by email. Please note, your booking is not confirmed until you have received your Booking Confirmation Number.")

I put in to "deliver to dock" in the delivery instructions...I hope that is what they do...Reservation didn't require any type of payment up front, so at least if they don't show it won't cost me anything.

Aloha,

John

Thanks for the info, John.

How did you arrange for the final accounting? I'd hate to see them bill me for damage to the car after leaving it on the side street for them to pick up. I'd never know if it was non-existent damage, or possibly the result of someone hitting it after I parked it.

Thanks for the info, John.

How did you arrange for the final accounting? I'd hate to see them bill me for damage to the car after leaving it on the side street for them to pick up. I'd never know if it was non-existent damage, or possibly the result of someone hitting it after I parked it.

I haven't received a final bill, nor any other communication from the company. Also, there is no extra charge on my credit card (just the $130 for the rental which was posted the day after I left the car 1/19.)

May be they will send me something, maybe not; shrug it's the Islands. :-)

If I had thought of it, I would have taken some pictures of the car as I left it...

You should be receiving an email from them shortly confirming the reservation..... Have you ever drive a right - hand car? It's ... different. I also recommend getting a GPS.... Other than the main highway, street signs are more an after thought, plus there are a lot of roads where there isn't any place to pull over to get your bearings!

Aloha,

John