Military rate

Crusin Karen

DH served for 4 years in the Army. We are sailing Splendor 2/21. I just checked the fare viewer and the military rate for our category is $80 less than what we paid ;):D so submitted the form for OBC. Is this all I have to do? Do I have to "prove" he was in the military? :confused: TIA for your help!

DH served for 4 years in the Army. We are sailing Splendor 2/21. I just checked the fare viewer and the military rate for our category is $80 less than what we paid ;):D so submitted the form for OBC. Is this all I have to do? Do I have to "prove" he was in the military? :confused: TIA for your help!

Did you originally book Early Saver? They will require some proof of service. I had to submit my DD214. It's on file now so I don't have to submit it each time I book using the rate.

Yes, I booked ES. I just got a response from CCL that says that my rate is lower than the military rate, but it's right there in black and white: $80 cheaper than what we made final payment on. So we will have to give them a call...:mad:

Is the published rate you are looking at include Taxes/fees.....remember that the early saver rate that you have PAID includes those fees.

I got confused when comparing rates......got really excited the other day....thought I saw a deal but realized when I added $120 per person.....there was a $1 difference LOL.

Good luck.

ps - we also have our DD214 on file with Carnival.....they required it.

You will need to provide proof of service (DD214) Also take a screen print showing the $80 less cost and provide that as well.

Yes, I did take a screen print fortunately because now when I go to the CCL website they say they are having "technical difficulties." When I go on the fare viewer the military rate doesn't show up. :mad: I have always been a big CCL cheerleader but I am starting to get a little fed up! Oh, well, fingers crossed it gets resolved. We will call them direct. Thanks for all the help.

You can get military or ES, not both. For me it was better to book with the promotion of the month. Yes military was cheaper but we got $100 OBC which was a slightly better deal, and it opened up more cabins.

You can get military or ES, not both. For me it was better to book with the promotion of the month. Yes military was cheaper but we got $100 OBC which was a slightly better deal, and it opened up more cabins.

Oh, I didn't know that...maybe that's the problem. I booked this cruise months ago using ES. But I thought with ES you could get price drops on whatever the current rate is for your category. :confused::confused:

Oh, I didn't know that...maybe that's the problem. I booked this cruise months ago using ES. But I thought with ES you could get price drops on whatever the current rate is for your category. :confused::confused:

ES gives you upgraded categories to choose from, military you pay for the category you want. I'm sure they'll let you change the rate but if you've already paid it off it'll cost something.

Yes, I did take a screen print fortunately because now when I go to the CCL website they say they are having "technical difficulties." When I go on the fare viewer the military rate doesn't show up. :mad: I have always been a big CCL cheerleader but I am starting to get a little fed up! Oh, well, fingers crossed it gets resolved. We will call them direct. Thanks for all the help.

Well you will always have the screen shot. So when their website is working.... But as a few others have mentioned, you may/can not use a military rate with ES. Not sure. I have done booked both ways but don't think I have ever tried to match the military rate with ES.

Good Luck.

Edited by l2f

If you are ES, you can match to the Military Rate.

I've done it several times.

You can match to any rate you qualify for and that includes Military. And you still keep the ES status.

Please note: carnival offers the discount for active duty and retired military. Unless your do retired after 4 years, you do not qualify for a military rate anyway. We see this all the time here at the base. People who think because they did one tour of 4 years they get the full benefits package of a retired 22 year vet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Please note: carnival offers the discount for active duty and retired military. Unless your do retired after 4 years, you do not qualify for a military rate anyway. We see this all the time here at the base. People who think because they did one tour of 4 years they get the full benefits package of a retired 22 year vet.

Sorry to tell you this, but this is wrong. You can be active duty, retired or honorable discharge with 2 years of service or 6 months in a war zone. My husband gets military rates all the time. He was in Viet Nam more that 6 months.

Sorry to tell you this, but this is wrong. You can be active duty, retired or honorable discharge with 2 years of service or 6 months in a war zone. My husband gets military rates all the time. He was in Viet Nam more that 6 months.

I was simply going off of carnivals terms. I have no issue and think it's a great thank you. But the rates I saw all said active duty or retired only.

Same here.

My husband was also in Viet Nam and we get the Military Rate option.

Hi

Oh yes you qualify for military rate with Carnival with a honorable discharge. Need DD214. My husband only served two years and was honorably discharged. He passes away in 2011 as a widow of a veteran the military rate is available to me per Carnival. I have used it on my last four cruises.

So yes as long as honorably discharged have a DD214 to prove it you are eligible for the military rate.

pat

murrells inlet, sc

As long as you are a veteran with an honorable discharge, you can take advantage of the military rate. I also did my tour in Nam, and was honorably discharged in 1969, after serving 3 1/2 years. I was eligible for early release after my tour in Nam. I have used the military rate for almost 10 cruises so far on several different cruise lines. Yes, some say only for retired military. As far as I'm concerned, I served and after that I retired. I have yet to be refused a military rate after I send them my DD214.

Cheers

Len

The main screen does say active or retired but if you read the full terms it includes much more than that. I did just under 5 with an honorable discharge and have gotten the military 2 times.

We book most of our cruises under ES, and have matched the military rate a couple times and still kept the ES. We are eligible for military rate, so we can claim the reduction. Never had a problem. :D

Correct, we also qualify for military rate and there have been times where we matched to a military rate and then matched for another rate, such as past guest. Never had a problem, even going back and forth.:)

My husband also is "merely" honorably discharged from the AF (6+ yrs service) and we too have used the military rate a number of times. Just be aware that the military rate - especially lately - is not always the best rate. Especially if you want obc or upgrades.

Edited by arf2005