Cross body purse suggestions please

rpinphx1

I really like the LeSportsac bags. They're very lightweight and washable. They wear very well. I have several in different sizes.

https://www.lesportsac.com/collection/classic-collection/mini-bags

Me, too! I'd mentioned the LeSportsac Kasey earlier in this thread as a great cross-body. That link doesn't show all the awesome colors and patterns available, that are constantly changing. I am always amazed at how much I can fit in them, yet they look so small. There somehow is room for so much stuff!

The Kasey is actually my day to day bag. I own multiple prints, they can be addictive. I can slide it right into my work tote and not have to dig for anything. The last time I flew an international redeye I wore it overnight with no issues. It felt better having the stuff I needed secured to my body. Plus for a small bag it holds a lot.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
I just ordered this ebags bag from Amazon and will report back when I receive it. This forum is dangerous and expensive! LOL

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004B0G8C4/ref=shptrk_scth

I swear, I would lose things in there! I'd put something in one of the gazillion pockets and never find it again. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I swear, I would lose things in there! I'd put something in one of the gazillion pockets and never find it again. :)

I'm sure I will, but my next cruise has a 12 hour plus travel day in front of it, so I'll have plenty of time to search! :D:eek:

I just ordered this ebags bag from Amazon and will report back when I receive it. This forum is dangerous and expensive! LOL

Wow, that bag is HUGE! I could pack for a weekend in Alaska in winter in there :D

I do like the yoga mat holder, though - could use it for my Thermarest mattress when I travel...

I've been hooked on Betsey Johnson lately. She has one style that I have in about 6 different colors and decor. They're about 10x11, made of padded material, have two side to side horizontal zippers on the front that I keep my camera, tickets/passes, gum, small tablet and pen for notes, small stuff like that. Top zipper for security. They're a lightweight but strong semi-padded material so very lightweight. They're "edgy" with flowers and skulls and sequins, some "edgier" than others, haha.

I do have other styles in leather that I got on QVC, Tignanello has beautiful ones and B. Makowski, (though lately his prices have gone thru the roof.) BUT,........you can find all these brands at Ross, Marshalls and TJ Max for much, much less. :)

I get most all of my handbags and travel bags at either Marshalls or TJ Maxx because they have such a huge choice of styles, brands, and prices. I often get "my" personal favorite brand, Baggallini, whenever I see one on the sale rack. I've got them in several styles, sizes, and colors. I swear by them.:D I had one for years until it fell apart from my using it so much! LOL!

Edited by mousey

LOL! That reminds me of my SIL. She tries her best to be very organized but she has so many little purses inside her large tote that she always seems to forget where she put stuff. I love her though; her intentions are good.:D

OMG! I love, love, love, love, love, Michael Kors fashion. I've gotten a couple of his bags at TJ Maxx, and one at Ross. I use the one (large) that I got at Ross a lot when I travel because I can get so much stuff in it. The one I just recently got at TJ Maxx is a bright blue wristlet. They were $80 everywhere I looked at Christmas but when I got back home, TJ Maxx had it for $50 and it wasn' on sale either.

Ladies, if you have a TJ Maxx, Marshalls, or Ross-4-Less, shop there for your bags instead of on-line...between their low prices and sales, you can do way better than paying internet prices! Unless of course, you are looking for a very specific style, size, or color.:D

I have a Tumi crossbody bag that is wonderful. It is a reasonable size, and has different zipped/snapped compartments for all the stuff I carry when I travel. I had purchased a "large" bag from Travel Smith that wasn't large at all, and just didn't hold things properly.

Wow, that bag is HUGE! I could pack for a weekend in Alaska in winter in there :D

I do like the yoga mat holder, though - could use it for my Thermarest mattress when I travel...

I am planning to use it as my underseat carryon bag. Documents, jewelry, money, Kindle, iPad, camera(s), change of clothes, wallet, kitchen sink. You know, just the basics! LOL

I love all the pockets, because i'm all about organization.

Does the zippers on the back of the bag make it possible to put it over a luggage handle?

I love all the pockets, because i'm all about organization.

Does the zippers on the back of the bag make it possible to put it over a luggage handle?

I don't have it yet so I don't know. It doesn't look like it from the photos though. I'll report back once I get it.

I am planning to use it as my underseat carryon bag. Documents, jewelry, money, Kindle, iPad, camera(s), change of clothes, wallet, kitchen sink. You know, just the basics! LOL

It does have what looks to be a padded shoulder. You can always add to that padding by putting on a faux sheepskin seat belt cover that is used to pad the shoulder part of the seat belt against your neck. You can pick one up at WalMart.

I was thinking of the dimensions of my Sherpani Verona bag that I used for my all day bag: it is 15x13x5. But, it looks much smaller than the picture of your bag.

I guess it's perception. I can't my Verona as my daily bag at home - too big. But, it did hold all my stuff for travel well and didn't feel heavy as I walked around Rome, Florence, Paris all day long...

Edited by slidergirl

It does have what looks to be a padded shoulder. You can always add to that padding by putting on a faux sheepskin seat belt cover that is used to pad the shoulder part of the seat belt against your neck. You can pick one up at WalMart.

I was thinking of the dimensions of my Sherpani Verona bag that I used for my all day bag: it is 15x13x5. But, it looks much smaller than the picture of your bag.

I guess it's perception. I can't my Verona as my daily bag at home - too big. But, it did hold all my stuff for travel well and didn't feel heavy as I walked around Rome, Florence, Paris all day long...

I got the bag today and I think I'm going to really like it. It's light, with lots of pockets, but not so many that you'd lose track. No, it doesn't fit over luggage handles. It's also not nearly as big as the photo in the item description made it look. It makes me think of a "real" messenger bag, used my messengers in New York. Very nicely padded piece on the strap, which will make it very easy to carry. I think it will be perfect as a carry on bag, but not sure I'd ever need it for shore excursions, especially on a cooler weather cruise, where there are no beach visits.

Just received my Bayless by Overland that I ordered on ebags. Love it !

Can be a crossover bag or worn like a fanny pack. Compact and stylish. Comes in several colors. Paid $34. If you go on Overlands website there are even more colors but you'll pay more. Lots of zippered pockets. Holds a lot for its size !!

Guess what I found yesterday at TJ Maxx...?!

A Sherpani tote bag (well, it's more of a medium-sized duffle-type bag) ON SALE! It's awesome and I can't wait to take it on my trip back home to FL in April. It's canvas and has an adorable picture of a little bird and a heart and what looks like an egg-shaped tree. It's so whimsical and adorable! It's not my usual type of bag but I couldn't resist it. I had not heard of this brand of handbag before until someone here on the board posted a picture of her cross-body bag. I was really just out looking around killing time and happened to see this bag on the sale rack.

It's beige canvas with olive green straps. You can carry it by short handles or over the shoulder as it also has a detachable, adjustable, shoulder strap. It has two large zip-up pockets on the inside, a small zip-up pouch on the outside front, and a large zip-up pouch on the outside back. It is so well-made and I'm so in love with it! I wish I knew how to post pictures so you could see how cute it is. I'm so excited about it!

By the way ladies...TJ Maxx must have gotten a new shipment in because they had all kinds of cross-body bags, especially my favorite brand, Baggallini, in all different color, sizes, and prices. I was almost tempted to buy this beautiful coral-colored Baggallini cross-body but opted instead to go with the Sherpani, which I just couldn't resist.

Great catch!!! I'm the Sherpani freak on here. I think you got a Nola or a Verona.the Nola is the larger of the 2. I have both (of course). I used the Verona on my Italy trip last Spring - it really held a lot. You won' be sorry...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great catch!!! I'm the Sherpani freak on here. I think you got a Nola or a Verona.the Nola is the larger of the 2. I have both (of course). I used the Verona on my Italy trip last Spring - it really held a lot. You won' be sorry...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slidergirl,

I just went on the internet and researched a bit more. I found my bag!!!

It's from the Sherpani Elements collection.

It's the "Jetta" Canvas duffel overnight bag "Song For You" with original artwork by Cathy Nichols.

It's for sale on e-Bay for $73.99 and I found another for sale for a little over $60. I only paid $32.00 for mine on sale at TJ Maxx! :D I'm going to go back there tomorrow and scour the place to see if I can find a matching body bag that will fit inside the duffel.

You're right..I'm hooked! This usually just isn't my kind of thing but I'm so enchanted by the artwork. It's so beautiful and whimsical. Song For You is now my favorite of Cathy Nicholes artwork. Thanks so much for sharing!

Do you collect all the prints or do you have a favorite, and if so, which one is it?

Edited by mousey

Slidergirl,

I just went on the internet and researched a bit more. I found my bag!!!

It's from the Sherpani Elements collection.

It's the "Jetta" Canvas duffel overnight bag "Song For You" with original artwork by Cathy Nichols.

It's for sale on e-Bay for $73.99 and I found another for sale for a little over $60. I only paid $32.00 for mine on sale at TJ Maxx! :D I'm going to go back there tomorrow and scour the place to see if I can find a matching body bag that will fit inside the duffel.

You're right..I'm hooked! This usually just isn't my kind of thing but I'm so enchanted by the artwork. It's so beautiful and whimsical. Song For You is now my favorite of Cathy Nicholes artwork. Thanks so much for sharing!

Do you collect all the prints or do you have a favorite, and if so, which one is it?

I looked on Ebay (I never think of it) - I have the "Falling Tree" print. If I hadn't had all those, I would have gone for the "Surfer Girl" - it is just so bright and fun. but the Falling Tree is very neutral so they go anywhere with anything.

That overnighter looks pretty good! I may have to hit up my local TJs on the way to work - I have NEVER found anything in that store that I wanted to buy - this may break the trend!!!

I looked on Ebay (I never think of it) - I have the "Falling Tree" print. If I hadn't had all those, I would have gone for the "Surfer Girl" - it is just so bright and fun. but the Falling Tree is very neutral so they go anywhere with anything.

That overnighter looks pretty good! I may have to hit up my local TJs on the way to work - I have NEVER found anything in that store that I wanted to buy - this may break the trend!!!

Slidergirl,

So, all your Sherparni bags have the same "Falling Tree" print? I'm only going to collect "Song For You". Again thanks for sharing...I'm hooked! LOL!

Good luck on your search at TJ Maxx. Just a tip, if at first you don't find what you want, keep trying.:D I always find stuff when I'm not looking for anything in particular. I found by new bag because I'm always scouring the sales racks there.

I checked out your two artworks, Surfer Girl and Falling Tree..they are both awesome! But don't worry, we won't be in competition for bags as I'm sticking with Song For You only. LOL!

To all posters on this thread,

It has been so much fun and so helpful, I've really enjoyed seeing all your bags and "bag bonding" with you all. LOL! I plan to keep coming back to this thread because, not only it is fun, but there are nothing but really nice people on here. :D I'll let you all know when the results of my search and capture of my impending hunt...a Sherpani "Song For You" cross-body bag at a great price, is accomplished!;)

Edited by mousey