Star Princess Balcony ???

kath816

Hi, I recently saw a thread that was related to this question. Now, I have another that wasn't answered. Are the balcony cabins on the Emerald Deck covered, partially covered, private? We're thinking about that since family is on that deck already. I saw on the previous thread that Dolphin is not covered at all with no privacy or shade. So that counts that deck out. I also learned that Caribe seemed to be the favorite due to size & covering. Besides size, (which seemed to be smaller, which is ok since it's just dh & I), are Aloha & Baja private and/or covered?

Thanks prior Star Princess cruisers for any helpful tips. I know you'll be a major help.

(We're just off the Zenith, if anyone needs a question answered about that! :o)

The Baja balconies are positively cramped compared to the Caribe ones. I assume Aloha are the same size, but haven't been in one. All things (price) being equal, go with the Caribe balconies. The chairs on our Baja balcony were just a pair of small ones with no recline. On Caribe you get some partially-reclining chairs and might have room for a full lounger.

Our first Princess cruise was on the Star in a Baja balcony, and while we had a very nice cabin & a very nice balcony, I remember having balcony envy when I looked down & saw what the lower level decks had.

We were on the Star Princess in March (great ship BTW). Our balcony cabin was on the CARIBE deck. We had tons of room on our balcony and were able TO LOOK directly down onto the Dolphin balconies below us. i sure wouldn't want to be on that deck! Re: the Emerald deck - the balconies are ENCLOSED at the stern of the ship due to the walkway around them - so no fresh air - just glass!

:cool: Belle

I believe that all of the balconies on the Emerald deck on the Star Princess are fully covered by the decks above them. I also believe that they are very large as well, the size of the ones that the Dolphin deck have but not quite as huge as the Caribe deck balconies. The balconies on the Emerald deck in the forward section of the ship tend to be dark as they are sort of surrounded by the Promenade deck as it wraps up and around going from the Promenade level to the Emerald level of the ship in the forward section. The aft balcony cabins of the Emerald deck are nice and bright without the promenade deck wrap around.

Thank you all for your help. Maybe I'll call my TA and ask if an aft cabin is available. I sure don't want glass and a promenade around. I'd rather not have the balcony then . . . or one in a different place. I image they probably go quickly though & we're interested in 4/16/06, week after Easter.

So, I think if aft is not available, I'll check out Caribe then.

Thank you again. Sure do appreciate the help.

Grandpa, D735 is one of those “coveted” cabins. The balcony is quite deep and fully covered, plus you have a view of the wake. Were we not hooked on the minisuites and the sitting area they have (couch instead of a chair), we would book one of those in a heartbeat!

Re: the Emerald deck - the balconies are ENCLOSED at the stern of the ship due to the walkway around them - so no fresh air - just glass!

:cool: Belle

The cabins on Emerald at the stern are mini suites and are covered, but not enclosed. In fact, E728 and E729, which are the cabins closest to the stern, have a great extended balcony. The Promenade deck which wraps around the stern is one deck below.

Archived