Seattle dinner/shopping recommendation?

jws0318

We are staying at the Roosevelt Hotel in Seattle the night before embarkation, and I wondered if anyone could recommend a good basic fare (steak, chicken, fish) restaurant within walking distance for dinner and somewhere (also within walking distance) where we could pick up some wine, soda, etc for the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not an expert on either, but some info is better than none.

Dining: There are many places nearby - Cheesecake Factory, Daily Grill, Sullivan's, Palomino, etc. If you are more specific about what you want the concierge should be able to find a match within 2 or 3 blocks.

Wine and Soda: If you aren't picky about your wine, Bartell drugs at 5th and Olive (3 blocks). If you are picky, Google or hit the yellow pages.

Hopefully someone else will improve on this info.

I'm not an expert on either, but some info is better than none.

Dining: There are many places nearby - Cheesecake Factory, Daily Grill, Sullivan's, Palomino, etc. If you are more specific about what you want the concierge should be able to find a match within 2 or 3 blocks.

Wine and Soda: If you aren't picky about your wine, Bartell drugs at 5th and Olive (3 blocks). If you are picky, Google or hit the yellow pages.

Hopefully someone else will improve on this info.

That Bartell has a pretty reasonable wine selection as long as you don't need $20+ bottles.

Assuming that you're visiting Pike Place as most visitors do, you could also stop off at Target on the way back to the hotel (it's right on your route up Pike @ 2nd Ave).

We are staying at the Roosevelt Hotel in Seattle the night before embarkation, and I wondered if anyone could recommend a good basic fare (steak, chicken, fish) restaurant within walking distance for dinner and somewhere (also within walking distance) where we could pick up some wine, soda, etc for the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

Pike and Western Wine Shop, 1991 Pike Place. this is at the far end of Pike Place Market.

Thanks in advance!

At the Roosevelt you are directly across the street from the Pacific Place shopping center, which has a wide variety of restaurants on several levels. http://www.pacificplaceseattle.com/restaurants

There's also a wine shop in the mall.

Cost Plus World Market, about 2 blocks north of Pike Place Market, has a great selection of wine and might be less expensive than many wine shops. It's a bit of a walk from the hotel, but if you are in that area, it's worth stopping for wine.

• 3 weeks later...
Because my flight gets in early, I'll be at the cruise port early. Are there any restaurants within walking distance from the port? I'm sure I can't get onboard early, and I'll be hungry.

Thanks

There are two cruise terminals. Which cruise line are you on? What day of the week?

There are two cruise terminals. Which cruise line are you on? What day of the week?

I'm on the same cruise as sqdancecaller. We are. On HAL, which I believe is pier 91 (?).

We embark Aug 24th (Sun)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Because my flight gets in early, I'll be at the cruise port early. Are there any restaurants within walking distance from the port? I'm sure I can't get onboard early, and I'll be hungry.

Thanks

I'm on the same cruise as sqdancecaller. We are. On HAL, which I believe is pier 91 (?).

We embark Aug 24th (Sun)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The only restaurants walkable from the Pier 91 cruise terminal (and while they're close by crow, it's probably a 20 min. walk on foot) are Palisade and Maggie Bluffs, located next to each other at the Smith Cove Marina, just west of the cruise piers. To walk it requires going back out to the main access road then following the shore around to the park, but it's impossible to get lost. Maggie's does a decent weekend breakfast; the weekend brunch at Palisade is reportedly quite good (as in $$$) but I haven't tried it.

You can leave bags with the concierge at the cruise terminal if it's too early to check in.

The only restaurants walkable from the Pier 91 cruise terminal (and while they're close by crow, it's probably a 20 min. walk on foot) are Palisade and Maggie Bluffs, located next to each other at the Smith Cove Marina, just west of the cruise piers. To walk it requires going back out to the main access road then following the shore around to the park, but it's impossible to get lost. Maggie's does a decent weekend breakfast; the weekend brunch at Palisade is reportedly quite good (as in $$$) but I haven't tried it.

You can leave bags with the concierge at the cruise terminal if it's too early to check in.

There's also an espresso stand (of course!) right at the pier building with a few snacks. Otherwise, there's really not much out there.

The Roosevelt is absolutely wonderful! Von's is just out the main lobby to the left and has great food: roasted chicken is what I get there. You will be able to walk to see everything although you will want to take the short monorail trip to the space needle.

The Roosevelt is absolutely wonderful! Von's is just out the main lobby to the left and has great food: roasted chicken is what I get there. You will be able to walk to see everything although you will want to take the short monorail trip to the space needle.

Alas, Von's has moved, and changed their menu some. They're down on first Avenue now, near the art museum.

Von's 1000 Spirits