NCL or Princess for a Canada/New England Cruise

caligirlcruiser

We just did this trip and it was great! We sailed on the Caribbean Princess.

I've never sailed on NCL. Princess has a great loyalty program, the food is very good and we love the "feel" of it. No hairy chest contests, no singing waiters, etc. The crew is very warm and friendly. Princess has just the right comfort level for us. We don't want too formal and "staid", but we also don't want crazy drunks and lots of kids either.

I'm sure which ever line you choose, you'll love New England! Go over to the ports of call section. There are great recommendations for private tour guides. :)

We have selected NCL B2B for the ports.Halifax is the only repeat port on the B2B and one can easily spend two days there.Don't do the cruise until the fall but as a Princess loyalist would agree with the above comments as far as time on board the cruiseship.We did Pride of America in Hawaii and it certainly wasn't a Princess! I expect transportation , food ,and lodging and hope for more.

We are elite on Princess, have cruised NCL about 3 times, most recently on the NCL Jade in Europe.

The answer is how much do you want to pay? NCL will be a lot cheaper.

I agree, NCL is not Princess but one can have an enjoyable experience.

We had a mini suite on NCL Jade, very nice cabin - even larger than Princess.

Food and MDR service just not there. We skipped the MDR the entire 11 day cruise, except the first day we did lunch and dinner and realized it was not worth doing.

We were able to picnic from the buffet the rest of the cruise. Picked up a plate of food took back to our cabin, got a bucket of beers which we enjoyed with meals, on our balcony in the afternoon. Did room service for breakfast, supplemented the room service breakfast with eggs over easy from the buffet in the morning, again took back to our cabin.

I would go on NCL again, for the right itinerary and price.

They have a lot of speciality restraurants, food in the MDR and buffet, did not motivate us to try any. We did find something in the buffet we were okay with each day. We don't cruise for food, we eat better at home and that goes for all cruise lines.

NCL is very casual, no required formal nights at all. You can dress up or down whatever you choose.

Entertainment on board was okay.