Platinum standing? Perks?

I know I can look on the Royal web page... I have... but It doesn't really tell me what YOU think!;)

On our next Royal cruise we get to finally jump up from Gold to Platinum. So... what will be new/different for us? Just wondering... I know I want to get to Diamond... but right now... I'm just 'Platinum".

Thanks for sharing any information!

Gabrielle

I know I can look on the Royal web page... I have... but It doesn't really tell me what YOU think!;)

On our next Royal cruise we get to finally jump up from Gold to Platinum. So... what will be new/different for us? Just wondering... I know I want to get to Diamond... but right now... I'm just 'Platinum".

Thanks for sharing any information!

Gabrielle

Points are not earned until your cruise is completed. Therefore on your next cruise you will still be treated as a Gold Member. The following cruise will show you as a Platinum Member.

Platinum isn't bad. It is definitely nice to have the priority check in and the discounts on future bookings. Those discounts really go up when you book the more expensive rooms.

After my next cruise I'll be jumping to Emerald. And if we do a cruise in December that will bump me up to Diamond. Diamond...Especially Diamond Plus is where your benefits REALLY shine. Access to private lounges that serve complimentary alcohol and soda, private events (Sometimes platinum members get invited as I did for a Sail away from Nassau party on the bow of Oasis), reserved seating near pools and in shows, and at a certain amount of points, complimentary cruises.

Oh, and the discount coupons you get on board are nice as well. :)

Points are not earned until your cruise is completed. Therefore on your next cruise you will still be treated as a Gold Member. The following cruise will show you as a Platinum Member.

I am now platinum. With my last cruise I did the jump to the next level....;)

The biggest difference would be the balcony discount.

Nice! Would that discount be seen at time of booking... or would I possibly get an upgrade on some trips? Just wondering there... We book whichever works best for us... sometimes we book a balcony for certain itineraries... port intensive I'll just book an interior so we can cruise twice a year....

The free upgrades go to the highest levels on the boat first, so don't expect those until you hit Diamond+ (in most cases, at least that is what I have read before in these boards).

I definitely enjoy the balcony discount; I just hit platinum with my December cruise. Applies to all future cruises, even ones already booked. You just have to contact Royal (or your TA) and they will apply the discount (after your status has updated online after the cruise of course).

Platinum isn't bad. It is definitely nice to have the priority check in and the discounts on future bookings. Those discounts really go up when you book the more expensive rooms.

After my next cruise I'll be jumping to Emerald. And if we do a cruise in December that will bump me up to Diamond. Diamond...Especially Diamond Plus is where your benefits REALLY shine. Access to private lounges that serve complimentary alcohol and soda, private events (Sometimes platinum members get invited as I did for a Sail away from Nassau party on the bow of Oasis), reserved seating near pools and in shows, and at a certain amount of points, complimentary cruises.

Oh, and the discount coupons you get on board are nice as well. :)

Just a few comments for clarity. The C & A savings certificates are not offered on every cruise and typically once you reach Diamond, the balcony discount is the better value in comparison - and the two cannot be combined, so it is an "either / or" choice. The balcony discount IMO is one of the better benefits beginning at Platinum.

As you indicate, the Diamond Club is open to C & A members once you reach Diamond. Diamond+ / Pinnacle also will have access to the Concierge Lounge, along with suite guests in Grand Suites and higher. Coffee and specialty coffees are available 24 hours a day and snacks are served as well.

The reserved seating is for the theater, ice show, and aqua theater for all Gold card passengers, which are those in Grand Suite and above, and Pinnacle / Diamond+ members. The reserved pool seating area on ships that offer it is for suite members. (Pinnacle C & A members also receive a gold card, but do not share in all the suite benefits, such as participation in the Captain's reception for suite members).

The complimentary cruise you refer to is for Pinnacle members starting at 700 pts. and every 350 pts. thereafter. IMO the RCI loyalty program is a very nice benefit for repeat cruisers.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

At this level you will also have bathrobes in your cabin to used during your cruise. It's one of those heavy/bulky scratchy terry robes, but it's nice to know you don't have to take one with you, saves luggage space for other things. If it isn't on your bed when you arrive in the cabin, ask your cabin attendant right away and you will have it very quickly. I don't think there are many other noticeable perks between gold and platinum.

Oh, from what I've been reading on another thread, you should also get a little platinum lapel pen. If you don't get it within a day or two, I've been told to go to the C & A loyalty desk and they will give it to you. I expect to get mine on my May cruise.