First Carnival cruise for me in 13 days... Describe WMCC

snorkler8

(Did I get that right??). Chocolate warm melting cake... Describe it to me. One post I read described it as a sort of half baked cake?? Can it really be better than the Cream Brûlée on Celebrity? Or the fruit crisps on Holland?

OMG , it is really really decadent! some restaurants call it chocolate volcano cake. same thing. It is rich chocolate cake like edges with oozy chocolate filling, sooo good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side!!!

It is very very very rich, don't go too crazy with it our your stomach will pay the price later LOL! But worth having at least 1 X during the cruise. My family loved it so much that I googled the recipe and have made it several times at home for special dinners! Enjoy!!!

It is wonderful but very rich. I always order it with 2 vanilla ice creams, or Mickey Mouse style, as it's sometimes called. You have to at least try it once. You won't regret it. :)

Yes. It's pretty rich and the ice cream kind of cuts through that. I understand that not everyone likes it but my whole family loves it. I don't eat it every night, though. I love crème brulee and they offer WCMC every night so I try other desserts I like some of the nights.

It is really delicious. The cake part is denser then most volcano type cakes and the center is definitely thicker then the chocolate syrup in most of those types of cakes. I highly suggest a second scoop of ice cream. Like others have said it helps cut the richness but I can never make it through the cake with just one scoop.

(Did I get that right??). Chocolate warm melting cake... Describe it to me. One post I read described it as a sort of half baked cake??

Can it really be better than the Cream Brûlée on Celebrity? Or the fruit crisps on Holland?

Hi Snorkler8 :)

In my humble opinion it (tastes & looks) like something cheap & nasty that a

little kid cooked in a children's 'Easy Bake Oven'..

I never understood the fascination with the warm chocolate melting cake,

however my wife loves it, and always orders it well done.

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

I have seen people order the fruit plate to go with the warm chocolate melting cake. They would dip the fruit into the gooey center of the cake to make their own chocolate dipped fruit. Going to try this myself on our cruise next week.

I don't care for the half-baked cake part but ordering the fruit and using the gooey uncooked center as a dip is a wonderful idea!