London 2 days

bronxgal40

We will be in London for 2 days in May - a weekend - our first time there.

Should we take a tour the first day or should we buy hop-on, hop-off bus tickets? Should we buy tickets for the Tower of London before we leave and if so what site is good for that? Many thanks for answers. Rhoda:rolleyes:

We will be in London for 2 days in May - a weekend - our first time there.

Should we take a tour the first day or should we buy hop-on, hop-off bus tickets? Should we buy tickets for the Tower of London before we leave and if so what site is good for that? Many thanks for answers. Rhoda:rolleyes:

I would and did do the HOHO (red bus) the first day there...then used the tube over the next few days to go to specific places I wanted to...luckily we were there a week post-cruise...perhaps a private guided tour may not be necessary JMHO...Enjoy London...one of our all time favorite cities and one we will go back to.

I concur with Ashland, do the HoHo the first day, get yourself acclimated to London and enjoy it. You can get on and off at several interesting places, or take the complete tour and then go back to some of the places you want to spend more time at. Use the second day to again tour around but now you know where certain things are. If you do go to the Tower of London, it is almost a whole day event, if you want to see and experience everything. Be sure to get on one of the Beefeater's tours.

Sometimes the lines are long to buy tickets to the tower, so you might want to book online and just be able to walk in.

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe013.jpg

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe024.jpg

Also try to go to see the Crown Jewels as early as possible. The lines do get rather long as the day goes on.

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe023.jpg

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13

Thanks to both responders - that's what we'll do - the ho/ho bus the first day.

should I buy tickets beforehand and could you recommend a website ? .

Not really necessary to pre-purchase...we easily used our Capital One credit card and purchased just as we got on the bus at our particular stop (most do this)...

Also do consider purchasing the additional Fish-n-Chips lunch special they will offer you at "Sherlock Holmes Pub" great meal and a very interesting place for lunch..very easy to hop off and then hop back on after.

Here's their website for all the info you might need...Enjoy !!!

www.theoriginaltour.com

You are in for a real treat. London's fabulous.

I concur with the HoHo for Day 1 and I think the Tower of London is worth the time to see, even if it takes you a day, because you WILL be back to London!

If the HoHo has a two-day ticket, it may even be worth your while to purchase that and use it as transportation for Day 2, if you decide NOT to go to the Tower.