Will celebrity UK match price reductions?

Wiltonian

I know they do in the US but wondering about the UK.

Booked a Med cruise on Celebrity UK web site a month ago with 123Go offer.

Price is now down around £200pp. 123Go offer still operative. Is it worth ringing them to get the price reduced?

Stuart

Yes it's worth ringing them and if you get a no the first time ring again :)

Have you made final payment yet? Sometimes they will say yes if it's not made, sometimes the offer is for new customers. If you've made final payment you may be able to get a better cabin but not a refund.

Good luck :)

Yes it's worth ringing them and if you get a no the first time ring again :)

Have you made final payment yet? Sometimes they will say yes if it's not made, sometimes the offer is for new customers. If you've made final payment you may be able to get a better cabin but not a refund.

Good luck :)

No, way off final payment date! I'll try it.

Stuart

No, way off final payment date! I'll try it.

Stuart

Please come back and let us know how you get on.

I had no problem with this back in 2011 and would be interested to know if there has been a policy change since then.

If they are not willing to do this then it will be another reason to book with a US based agent.

Our TA advises that they will match price drops for UK passerngers, in most instances. However, perhaps fortunately, as we book very early to guarantee an accessible cabin we have never seen the price for our grade of balcony bettered in the last 3 years. Sometimes the base price looks lower but on investigation our 2B grade is not.

As a result we are very happy to continue booking early, expecting that our price will be as low as it gets.

Please come back and let us know how you get on.

I had no problem with this back in 2011 and would be interested to know if there has been a policy change since then.

If they are not willing to do this then it will be another reason to book with a US based agent.

We have sailed twice on Celebrity and both times we have booked through a high street TA here in GB. Both times we have received price drops..I think totalling £420.00 :D Ask I'm sure they will say yes if you ask nicely.Good luck..

Just rang Celebrity UK. Air fare has gone up by almost as much as cruise cost has come down, so not much point messing!

However the nice young man urged me to keep watching the web site, as they do honour reduced prices.

Stuart