Weather in Alaska

Texascruisers

That is my favorite time of year! Usually it gets cold enough at night to killl the bugs (think freezing or below as a possibility, maybe warmer in th eInside passage). The days can warm up to the 50's or 60's, but may hover in the 40's and 50's and be rainy. The foliage will start turning colors. The northern lights will be more of a possibility. Bring layers, light gloves and a hat. Throw in the shorts just in case we have odd weather. Look up at the mountains - they will probably have new snow toward the tops!

Hope this helps.

We just got back and it was cool. My daily attire was a long sleeve t-shirt, under fleece jacket or hooded sweatshirt, and then a lightweight rain-resistant jacket. Jeans and tennis shoes. Did not wear hat, but wore lightweight gloves viewing Hubbard Glacier. I would also recommend a cap or visor. We went on several excursions, including hiking, and there were no bugs.

This is the iffiest time for weather. Average temps 40-50, ave. 3 days of rain, dusk by 7pm. So make plans with that in mind. Last two seasons were exceptional, but clearly not the norm. Be prepared for it all, will make the trip more enjoyable.

Archived