RCCL Visa fees

Yes and no, kinda sorta, depends on the phase of the moon:D. Some purchases had it and some didn't. I think it depends more on the country and the merchant agreement that a business has with Visa than a blanket policy. On our last western, we bought stuff in Jamaica and got hit with fees, but when we bought stuff in the Caymans we didn't. We bought stuff in Cozumel from several different merchants, and some had fees and some didn't:confused:

Edited by orville99

Yes, the RCCL Visa charges a 3% foreign transaction fee. I've pre-ordered tickets online from the US for different sites in Rome ,Paris and Barcelona and was charged. Now I use my Capitol One card and there are no foreign transaction fees. You have to check with the bank because many charge 1% - 3%.

Yup. If you travel a lot, investing in a good no fee card can be a money saver. If you don't mind a small annual fee for great benefits, check out chase sapphire preferred. Transfers to a lot of partners and 2x points on travel. Good value for airline miles and hotel points.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Straight from the RC Visa website:

Fees - Foreign Transactions:

3% of the U.S. Dollar amount of each transaction made in a foreign currency or made in U.S. Dollars that is processed outside the United States.

This fee will be in addition to any other applicable fee.

I had a "foreign transaction fee" charged on my hotel stay in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Their claim was US territories and protectorates are outside the US. I disputed the charge and eventually got it removed, but I had to speak with 3 people and spend over an hour on the phone. I'm not sure how many other people have been charged the extra 3% for purchases in Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, etc.

If you travel outside the US or make online purchases (you'd be surprised by the number of websites that process their transactions outside the US), it's better to have a card that does not charge foreign transaction fees. That 3% adds up over time, especially for large purchases.