What do you DISLIKE about Oceana?

tjcletsgo

Dance, dance, dance for an hour or so after dinner and/or the "show" is our preference. But I don't see how the Oceania ships do it as the main dance floor is right in front of the show stage while a second one is by the main dining room far corner. Do they have live bands? What kinds of music they played? Any experience with this is appreciated.

I'm so glad to hear there were 2 mah jongg sets in the card room. I just asked Jan to check when she's on the Regatta in January.

When there aren't many sea days on a port intensive itinerary, I like to sleep late, have breakfast in bed, head to the spa for a manicure and/or facial, have lunch in the main dining room (The fruit soups are wonderful.), round up a card game, read for a little while, take a nap, go to high tea, download my photos and get them in order, then shower and dress for dinner. In other words, blissfuly nothing. On our Panama Canal transit in January '07 we're looking at a lot of sea days, so I imagine I'd like to do something a little more challenging. I think there's enough for my interests, with the lectures, classes and wine tastings. Dance lessons might be fun.

Dance, dance, dance for an hour or so after dinner and/or the "show" is our preference. But I don't see how the Oceania ships do it as the main dance floor is right in front of the show stage while a second one is by the main dining room far corner. Do they have live bands? What kinds of music they played? Any experience with this is appreciated.

There is a dance floor up in the Horizons lounge. There is a disco there at night open very late. So you can dance, dance , dance all you want!:D

Claudia, thanks for share the Horizon lounge feature. Was there a live band there at night?

We haven't been on the ship since Feb. and at that time there was a DJ up there ( late). And, there is a possibility that they did have live music there , I just don't recall at night if they did. Perhaps, someone who has been on recently can tell if there is now a band at night in Horizons?:o

I was really surprised to hear there are no mini fridges in the staterooms. Have never been on a cruise ship without one even if it is for the mini-bar. We just remove all the ship's supply and stock our own. That is disappointing! We like having icey cold drinks on hand and it's a good place to stow the ice bucket and get the ice to last a little longer. What about an ice machine, self-serve type?? I wonder if the Nautica will be different???

I was really surprised to hear there are no mini fridges in the staterooms. Have never been on a cruise ship without one even if it is for the mini-bar. We just remove all the ship's supply and stock our own. That is disappointing! We like having icey cold drinks on hand and it's a good place to stow the ice bucket and get the ice to last a little longer. What about an ice machine, self-serve type?? I wonder if the Nautica will be different???

There are mini fridges in the higher cabin cat. just book an A, PH or OS.

As for Ice just ask the steward to bring more . Our steward filled our bucket morning and evening.

We have been on many ships without fridges so it doesn't bother me.

Archived