Carnival Dream Review -- with our 2 children

brookeq

"You could always order room service the night before and pack the sandwich for the beach."

Thank you so much for this tip! I was trying to think of a way to bring food with us on our excursions but didn't want to seem like I was smuggling food from breakfast!

Traveling with 3 kids on the Dream in March but doing the Eastern Caribbean, I loved your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it all out for everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for posting this review. I am 54, retired and am going with 2 friends on the Dream April 14th.

Thanks for posting the Fun Times. Did you ever eat at the BBQ place? I think it was only open on sea days.

Thanks for all the info on camp carnival. I am sending my son & DIL next year for their 10 year anniversary. After that I hope we can all go with my 6 yr old granddaughter and 3 yr old twingranddaughter. Maybe get connecting rooms so I can help out with the kids :)

Great job on your review! Your kids are adorable. I have a question about Goff's Cay, as we are thinking of booking that for our April cruise. How many people were there? Is Island Marketing the only group that goes there, or were there multiple tours?

By the way, when your kids are older, I highly recommend doing the Lamanai tour through Island Marketing. It is a bit stressful to think about the timing, but that trip was so worth it!

Did you have two bathrooms in your room or just one? Also, were you allowed to put the cheese sticks in the ref. that was in your room?

Your review was awesome. I have been trying all day to find a review regarding children and camp carnival. My son will be six and we are going in Sept. I was thinking about a cove balcony but a little scared with my 6yo to have a balcony and loved the pic of your son in the window.

Awesome review! I went on the same Western Carribean itinerary on the Dream, February 1-February 8. It was nice to read your review and reminisce about my week on the ship. Out of the 4 stops that you made, which place was your favorite overall? Thanks for sharing your week with us!

Thanks so much for posting this review. I am 54, retired and am going with 2 friends on the Dream April 14th.

Thanks for posting the Fun Times. Did you ever eat at the BBQ place? I think it was only open on sea days.

Thanks for all the info on camp carnival. I am sending my son & DIL next year for their 10 year anniversary. After that I hope we can all go with my 6 yr old granddaughter and 3 yr old twingranddaughter. Maybe get connecting rooms so I can help out with the kids :)

The BBQ place that you are referring to I believe was called the Lanai. It always seemed to have long lines so at first I skipped it, I waited until the last day to eat there. Shame on me, I was missing out and should of braved the lines earlier in the week lol. They have sliders, quesadillas, and tacos outside that they grill and some other food inside to go with it. In my humble opinion, it was definitely worth the wait and the crowd in the area. Enjoy your upcoming trip!

Thanks for doing this review OP. Love it! We will be doing the same itinerary on the Sunshine this Summer, so I am checking out this review thoroughly. The pics of your grumpy son are just too funny and cute! One of things I'm concerned about is the kids being exhausted from 4 port days in a row. You now confirmed for me to scale back excursions as the trip goes along. Lovely family!

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question- how did they track the ages of the kids? People are mentioning forms, did you just write their ages on there and they got into that group? I know kids have to have wristbands, what do they have on the wristband?

Thanks!