America's Cup Excursions in Cozumel

happyspouses

We'll be taking a Princess Cruise to Cozumel and I'm interested in doing the America's Cup 12 Metre Excursion. Usually I try to avoid the excursions offered by the cruise line. Does anyone know of any private companies in Cozumel offering this same excursion?

That excursion is offered on a few of the islands. It is only one company and the only one.

http://www.12metre.com/

If you look at their web site it will tell you that if your are a cruise passenger, you need to book thru the cruise line. I know it is a little pricey but it was awesome! Our best excursion ever. We did it twice in St. Maarten :)

We did this in 2005 or so...most expensive excursion I ever took.

Why - because i got the sailing bug and a few months later was the proud owner of a 30' Catalina named Bushwacker - even though I knew nothing about sailing or boats period.

I taught myself how to sail her and we kept her at Southport for several years; absolutely enjoyed every minute. My wife finally said "my turn" and we traded her in for a swimming pool.

Loved the excursion obviously - we still have a framed photo of all of us on board.

One of the men we met on the boat did this excursion, but I'm pretty sure he just hooked up w/it onshore. It was a spur of the moment decision for him to do it. He LOVES sailing, and has his own sailboat in Houston. He said this excursion was a blast.

• 3 weeks later...
We'll be taking a Princess Cruise to Cozumel and I'm interested in doing the America's Cup 12 Metre Excursion. Usually I try to avoid the excursions offered by the cruise line. Does anyone know of any private companies in Cozumel offering this same excursion?

If you are on a Princess cruise you can book this privately. only Carnival passengers have to use the ship shore excursion. I have booked it privately sailing on Princess.

http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/excursions/12meter_Americas_cup_sailing.html