Is my time dining a different dress code?

Im not sure what part of "RCI does not care as long as what people wear is within reason" you failed to understand.

Well, first of all, I fail to understand where you came up with that quote. Its not anywhere within Adam's blog which I posted and linked. Are you just putting words in his mouth for convenience' sake?

It goes hand in hand with what Adam said when he said "Our intention is to establish reasonable rules and then to enforce them."

OK, that he did say, along with saying "Across the fleet we follow the formal night dress guidelines that are printed in the Cruise Compass."

Reasonable rules are no shorts and ball caps for dinner. Those they enforce rather stiffly.

Other than that, they DO NOT care! The waiters are already preprogrammed to tell people not to worry about dressing up and to come to dinner anyway!

Hmm, I didn't see that in his article either - the word "shorts" was never mentioned. And one of the issues many have a big problem with is that they DO allow shorts and ball caps in the MDR for dinner sometimes.

How is that a "dress code"?

Gee, I don't know, ask Adam - he's the CEO and he's the one who said:

"Please rest assured that we will continue to focus on the most appropriate way to enforce our dress code."

Well, first of all, I fail to understand where you came up with that quote. Its not anywhere within Adam's blog which I posted and linked. Are you just putting words in his mouth for convenience' sake?

That was what I posted. I never even implied that Adam said that? :confused:

That was what I posted. I never even implied that Adam said that? :confused:

Really? That's why I looked up what Adam HAS said, because you certainly did imply that he said that "in other words."

RCI simply does not care as long as what people wear is within reason. Adam himself has as much said so in other words.

I posted what he actually has said, and I don't think its that...

Because several users are fond of using the word "code" to make their argument. If there was a true "dress code", I would guess that the "code" would be enforced more rigorously.

I guess I don't understand the argument. I think everyone agrees that the "code", "suggestion" or "request" isn't enforced.

Passengers are requested to dress a certain way. Some will comply, some will not.