Water and Pop on RCCL

backhli

Officially, no you can't bring it on but I have never had it confiscated. I carry a twelve pack of Pepsi on in a back pack. Plenty of others bring soda and water. They have been known to enforce the rule around spring break time.

I still have no idea why people do this. It has never crossed my mind to hang out in my stateroom and drink soda. Or walk around the ship with a water bottle. There are numerous bars all over the ship, and a glass of ice water will cost you nothing.

I was on allure last week. I put a luggage tag on a case of water and it was delivered to our stateroom no problem. I like to have water in room and for port stops.

I also had a six pack of Pepsi in one of my bags, it was delivered no problem as well.

Took two bottles of wine in carry on, security didn't even take it out of bag to look at.

I was on allure last week. I put a luggage tag on a case of water and it was delivered to our stateroom no problem. I like to have water in room and for port stops.

I also had a six pack of Pepsi in one of my bags, it was delivered no problem as well.

Took two bottles of wine in carry on, security didn't even take it out of bag to look at.

Taking 2 bottles of wine is accepted now. Believe me, they know it's there. No need to peek.

Some of the drink packages include bottled water, and they all include soda. I really can't see why bother. On a ship like Allure, it's really a long walk to get a can of soda when the bar is next to you. :D

Some people are more cost conscious when they cruise. To each their own.

That being said, I've never done it, but I've seen others bring entire cases of water/soda with luggage tags on them without issue.

RCI doesn't offer Pepsi on board. Coke <> Pepsi. I'll drink Coke if I have to, but if I have the option for Pepsi, I'll take it.

Bottled water was nice to have handy at night or to take off for an excursion. For our Oasis cruise, we brought a 6 pack of bottled Pepsi (again, not available on board) and a 6 pack of bottled water (for the same cost of a single bottled water on board).

I still have no idea why people do this. It has never crossed my mind to hang out in my stateroom and drink soda. Or walk around the ship with a water bottle. There are numerous bars all over the ship, and a glass of ice water will cost you nothing.

I don't like Coke, only Pepsi or I wouldn't bother.

I drink the ships water, no problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Some of the drink packages include bottled water, and they all include soda. I really can't see why bother. On a ship like Allure, it's really a long walk to get a can of soda when the bar is next to you. :D

I take water because the bar is not so close when I am all tucked up in bed and want a drink :) (and i am not going to drink the tap water :eek: )

I see people do this all the time. I may not agree but to each their own. :rolleyes: I get the coke package on the ships but I prefer Coke over Pepsi.

As for tap water again hot button topic but it is perfectly safe to drink some just don't prefer it. The water that comes out of the faucet in your bathroom is the same water that make the ice cubes all around this ship and washes all of the dishes everyone eats off of. I bring one bottle of water with me when I board the ship and just refill it in my room for the length of the cruise. Yes I do clean the faucet before and after I refill just in case of any touching of the fixture in my room.

This may sound crazy but it is what I do. We carry Dr. Peppers onboard so that I will have them in the cabin. I drink them with my medicine and sometimes I like to get a drink at night. I don't want to have to run somewhere to get something to drink. Besides i have mobility issues and it is not as easy for me as it is others. I am getting the drink package this time so that I will have the luxury of ordering a coke anywhere I go when I am about the ship. I prefer Dr. Pepper but I can drink coke.

I am a Diet pepsi / Sodastream drinker when I am at home. i dont normally buy coke products. But when I am on the cruise I just suck it up and by the soda package... Luckly the last few cruises I have been on has the Free Style coke machines... To me personally its not worth it for me to lug a case of water or pop... Your on vacation.. Its smart idea to save some money but not for me... relax and enjoy your vacation :)