Boats on Canal Tour

dcourt

Does anyone know what kind of boats are used for this tour? Are any of them air-conditioned? My parents are going with us and they both have breathing problems.

These are small, narrow, open boats with seats on both sides of a narrow aisle. The driver sits in front with the guide and the propulsion is one or two outboard motors. They are nothing fancy, but fast, manuverable, and well suited for sightseeing on the river.

It is a wonderful excursion with fantastic wildlife. Highly recommended!

• 2 weeks later...

I fished the areas where these 'boats' ply the canals; and have taken them myself as a 'watertaxi' when our outboard clunked out. They are almost flatbottomed; usually picnic table bench or cushionchair type accom. with suncanopy canvass rooftop. 'Open-air' style suits the climate of course; but it DOES rain in the jungle. LOTS of older people 60's to 80's ?? Can't recall if I saw one enclosed and air-cond. They are only 30 foot long and similar to a pontoonboat experience.

Archived