Paddles Kayak and snakes????

enymarsh

Hi,

After reading all of these wonderful reviews for this excursion/tour company I booked this for Feb 06 and I considered myself lucky to get a reservation since they were already filled up for the afternoon session for that day! Then when I posted about it on our roll call, one person had read in the description (on their website that I posted the link for) that you'll see snakes... I read the same description and barely noticed it because it sounded like they just listed every possible creature you might come across during your trip. Tell me... those of you who've gone on this tour... did you see any snakes?? if so, lots? near your kayak? I am guessing that if seen they would be living in the mangrove area... does this sound right? Any comments would be most welcome!

• 6 months later...

hey everyone.....we did this excursion on our cruise in Feb. we saw no snakes what so ever......actually they told us that there are no snakes in antigua....take this tour you will not regret it...it was our best tour of the whole trip...Jennie is so nice.......

We are taking Eli's Eco Tour and Bird Island is on the itinerary. I am glad to be aware of the snakes on the island, though there are few. I do jump really high when I see one, and am glad I know that they are racers, if I should happen to see one fleeing from my path! We live in VA and have the black snakes, and garters, which will startle me, but those d***ed copperheads and moccasins scare the bejeebers out of me!

I will not fret over these harmless snakes.

Help!!!

We are trying to decide between Hightlights by Sea, Kayak and Snorkel Eco Adventure and Castaway Beach Break (which is on Jolly Harbor).....

Has anyone been on any of these and if so..what did you think?????

Regarding snake sightings in Antigua....my family and I visited Bird Island last November and saw 2 Antiguan Racers. Our guide told our group that the snakes were extremely rare and that there were only about 50 on the Island.....with only a handful on any of the other Antigua Islands. Our guide, who visits the island almost every day mentioned that he rarely sees the snakes...and that we were very fortunate to see 2 on the same day.

Archived