No Upgrading for Paid Passengers!?:(

oceanlovinmama

If I already have a cruise booked, I can't call Carnival and pay for an upgrade?

Of course you can as long as you don't try to upgrade under a different sale, like the OP is talking about. In that case, she wanted a rate under a sale for new bookings only. She was already booked.

This is exactly one of the roles of a TA is paid for-explaining the rules. I think the TA dropped the ball on day 1 by not explaining the conditions the OP booked under then dropped the ball again by making it seem as though it is Carnival's fault when the rules and conditions are clearly stated.

When booking the OP should have been given something in writing(or email) stating the terms of booking ie non refundable fare etc then when the OP wanted to upgraded the TA would not have needed to make a big production about trying to call so many people at Carnival and make it look like they are just big meanies.

And last the TA should have known that the new fare was for new bookings only and simply advised the client of that. ( if we can see that on the Carnival website then surely a TA can access the same information.

In this case it would make no difference whether she booked through CCL or agent. You can not match a pack and go rate with ES. Period.

I'm sorry for all the trouble you having but might I suggest that in the future to book directly through Carnival with a Carnival PVP and do early saver rate, then you are always eligible for upgrades or price reductions/or OBC if the price goes down after final payment!

Don't let it ruin you excitement for the trip, the Glory is a very nice ship and you will have a GREAT time regardless, lets be honest , how much time does anyone spend in their room, even with a balcony??? And how in the world did you not know you were going to be on Deck 2??? your AGENT should have told you what deck you would be on BEFORE she booked it! I have been all over the ships in different rooms on different decks, again not in the room much so I really don't care. I do love the SPA rooms when you are on the Breeze/Dream since they have the Cloud 9 Spa amenities and use of them all for free for Spa room holders. But other then that , a room is a room! Have a blast!!!

With CCL this is not true. Any agent can do an upgrade that CCL offers. The more money you pay the higher the commission. Very simple and straight forward. An agent gets paid the same percentage commission contracted for all bookings. The only exception is sometimes when there is bonus commission (very seldom) or can offer additional amenities.

It all depends on contracts. Perhaps upgrading is not able to be done by the agent directly but can be done over the phone, in which case carnival would be "stealing" the sale. For a more common example, how many times have you gone into a cell phone store and had something done best buy said cannot be done. Often it can be done but because of contracts, means the store doesn't get paid by the provider since the store is not authorized to do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It all depends on contracts. Perhaps upgrading is not able to be done by the agent directly but can be done over the phone, in which case carnival would be "stealing" the sale. For a more common example, how many times have you gone into a cell phone store and had something done best buy said cannot be done. Often it can be done but because of contracts, means the store doesn't get paid by the provider since the store is not authorized to do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Actually the opposite was true for us. ATnT store refused to match an online phone special... But best buy did! Gave it to us right outta the draw at the advertised price, and it wasn't even their special.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app