Laundry Service on Odyssey?

absolutboy20

One of the best perks I'm going to miss on Seabourn was that Holland America in the suite categories offered unlimited laundry/pressing services.

I believe there was mention of laundry facilities on board, and that would probably be an activity I would take part in if I currently had the extra funds and time off to do a world cruise, but what is the cost of having laundry service done on board? Is it by the bag or by the piece like at a hotel? Any packages offered?

They have a full bag for $50 or $55 I believe, It's not huge but you can stuff a lot in there. Also they do times individually and the cost is the same or less than at a laundry at home. Plus the service is excellent, better than my cleaner.

They have a full bag for $50 or $55 I believe, It's not huge but you can stuff a lot in there. Also they do times individually and the cost is the same or less than at a laundry at home. Plus the service is excellent, better than my cleaner.

It is $50/bag. I can usually get 30+ items into a bag which makes it pretty good value and the quality of the service is outstanding.

Travel enough and the $50 bag is free. One way or another you pay for it!

Silver Seabourn Club members already get a bag of laundry/week for free if that is the benefit they choose. That is 20 days/points with Seabourn to get silver level. If both you and your spouse/partner/friend (or whoever is sharing your suite) are silver members then you effectively get 2 bags/week. We find that is more than adequate.

Edited by Roxburgh

My record in the bag is 57 items :D. That included 6 pairs of pants/jeans, 6 polo shirts and 5 dresses, plus a multitude of t shirts and several pairs of shorts etc

Roll pants and jeans etc, place everything in layers them stuff the smalls in the spaces......bras lay on the top nested into one another

( we have 3 of us for the laundry bag)

It's way better than experiencing laundry wars!!!!

Jumping up and down because now we are silver :D

Edited by MrsWaldo

My record in the bag is 57 items :D. That included 6 pairs of pants/jeans, 6 polo shirts and 5 dresses, plus a multitude of t shirts and several pairs of shorts etc

Roll pants and jeans etc, place everything in layers them stuff the smalls in the spaces......bras lay on the top nested into one another

( we have 3 of us for the laundry bag)

It's way better than experiencing laundry wars!!!!

Jumping up and down because now we are silver :D

I never realised that you were Japanese.:)

Silver Seabourn Club members already get a bag of laundry/week for free if that is the benefit they choose. That is 20 days/points with Seabourn to get silver level. If both you and your spouse/partner/friend (or whoever is sharing your suite) are silver members then you effectively get 2 bags/week. We find that is more than adequate.

Is this correct (she asks hopefully)? I read it as 1 bag per cruise for Silver Club members and 1 bag per week for Gold & Platinum members. If it is just 1 bag per cruise, how does that (& internet packages) work with back to back cruises?

Thanks for the packing tips Mrs Waldo

Is this correct (she asks hopefully)? I read it as 1 bag per cruise for Silver Club members and 1 bag per week for Gold & Platinum members. If it is just 1 bag per cruise, how does that (& internet packages) work with back to back cruises?

Thanks for the packing tips Mrs Waldo

Yes, you are correct. For silver members it is one bag/cruise. I don't know how it works for back to back.

Yes, you are correct. For silver members it is one bag/cruise. I don't know how it works for back to back.

For Silver passengers: One bag free pp every 7 days. For a 10 day cruise, on bag, unless you and the person sharing your cabin (spouse/partner/lover) wants to use it too, then 2 bags per cabin. 21 day cruise - 3 bags pp, and so on. Not sure it you would get 3 bags on 20 day cruise.

Edited by Pop-I