Table for two?

magpieman

We have booked our cruise on the Azura and when I booked on line I asked for Freedom dining and a table for two.

I've just had a look at our Cruise Personaliser and it says:

Preferred Table Size not applicable.

Please be aware that Table size cannot be confirmed until you are Onboard.

I definitely clicked on a table for two so what's going on? Can anyone explain.

On our 1st cruise we had a wonderful table of 8, on our 2nd cruise it was awful one nice couple but two awful couples. Since then we have requested a table for 2, we were lucky to get one on our last cruise have also requested one on the azura but as tables for two are very limited (more so on azura i think), you dont find out if you have been lucky until you embark. I believe, though not sure, they come on a first come first served basis, we booked over a year ago so fingers crossed. Saying that they may give them to passengers who have booked the most expensive staterooms? Good luck to you and us!

Just realised you are on freedom dining, we were on a fixed sitting so had our table number and size when we reached our stateroom. Not sure if you have allocated tables on freedom dining, hopefully someone else will be able to help you.

Edited by amberpop

Hi there

Unlike club dining where tables are allocated for the cruise at the set times freedom dining tables are allocated when you turn up so just ask for a table for two though you may be given a pager if one is not immediately available as they are in limited supply and you will be bleeped when one is available.

Alan

On club dining you get the same table, at the same time, for the duration of the cruise. Even on club dining you are not guaranteed the table size, and this is only advised when you get on board. Usually most requests are met.

On Freedom dining, as the name suggests, you turn up at whatever time you want and you are offered whatever tables are available at that time. If there is nothing suitable you will be given a pager and they will call you when one becomes available. If you get to the restaurant when it opens, you will have the choice of any table in the restaurant.

Freedom/Club only operates for the evening meal. For breakfast and lunch, the restaurant is open seating which means you are allocated a table when you turn up. You can state a preference for table size and they will try and meet that.

Brian

Edited by BrianI

It seems odd that they ask you to select a table preference when you book which we did.

We went on the Ventura in 2012 and did the same thing and our cruise personaliser stated a table for two and that is what we got every night. In fact the Maitre De actually saved our favourite table for us even though we were on Freedom Dining but we did tend to go at the same time every night pretty early.

hi

just off the ventura and freedom dining - on 14 night cruise requesting table for 2 , was seated straight away 7 times , had a pager for the rest, but waited 10-15 mins most times and 25-30 mins twice - its really no problem .