Tables for 2 on the Queen Elizabeth

Presto2

(Well that didn't turn out well. Having trouble uploading a photo to read large. Can anyone help? I've seen large photos posted on CruiseCritic, how can I get this larger?). :(

Try using the direct link to the larger photo, preceded by and followed by.

Here's a QM2 Britannia dinning seating chart, shot on a recent voyage. Not to worry, Presto 2, you can see there are several tables for two about the room. As Cruise NH advises, some can be within inches of neighbors, but not all. It's easy to check after boarding, go into the room and look for your table number. If you want a change, the matre d' can accommodate you.

(Well that didn't turn out well. Having trouble uploading a photo to read large. Can anyone help? I've seen large photos posted on CruiseCritic, how can I get this larger?). :(

I've attached a larger copy of your photo here Ab Ovo. It is not as sharp as I have had to expand it. It is not easy to publish a large photo. you need to have it stored on an external server somewhere. I have placed it on my dropbox public area. I will remove it if you wish. You could also use flickr or similar. Cruise critic will only store small versions. If you have a dropbox or flickr account, I will explain how it is done.

ab%20ovo%20photo%20mod.jpg

I've attached a larger copy of your photo here Ab Ovo. It is not as sharp as I have had to expand it. It is not easy to publish a large photo. you need to have it stored on an external server somewhere. I have placed it on my dropbox public area. I will remove it if you wish. You could also use flickr or similar. Cruise critic will only store small versions. If you have a dropbox or flickr account, I will explain how it is done.

candhu18 - I don't know about anyone else, but I would love to see an explanation of this process. Thanks

Tried to post the image and failed miserably :(

Off topic, but just to say capn - that little bug that keeps running around on your posts is driving me mad -------------- I keep trying to swat it ! :D:D:D

Thanks candhu18 & pmb1 and all … I kept at it, now all can easily see there are several twos for dinning in Britannia!

As for the "how-to" of it all … as told, I put the photo on an external server, a photobucket.com account. Easy to do. You'll have an album there.

When you click on the photo you want, it becomes big. To the right of it it reads

Links to share this photo. I use the 4th down, IMG, where it reads URL-http etc…… click in it and it is automatically copied.

On a CruiseCritic thread then, when responding, click on Post Reply, type your message.

Scroll down a bit to where it says Attach Files and click Manage Attachments.

Click where it says Upload File from a UrL The curser will blink. Click there and selected text text will appear … that is your Photobucket link.

Then scroll to above your message and click on the yellow box and enter the URL of your image, click ok, the text will appear. At the foot of your message click

Preview Post. Your photo should appear. Good luck!

This method puts the photo in your posts. Otherwise you can have a photo on your desktop and upload from your computer, but the photo will be small, and won't "grow" when clicked. Hope this helps for those wishing to post photos.

This guided me: I found where Host Kat posted how to add pictures in the test of posts …

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1234944

Too, she put up a test forum to practice on …

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=225

Oh the Capt. Pug bug! Many's the summer night I swatted at it! Sometimes I actually had the bugs for real. Everytime I see the bug in winter I smile.

Thanks candhu18 & pmb1 and all … I kept at it, now all can easily see there are several twos for dinning in Britannia! ...
Glad it all worked for you, Ab Ovo. And thanks for reminding us of those useful Host Kat links.

By the way, you can ignore the Attach Files path entirely and simply include "direct link" in what you type. Also, using Preview Post is a great way to try out and test stuff; just because you preview something doesn't mean you must submit it.

P.S. I too use photobucket. It can't possibly be the best of all such services, but it works, has recently been upgraded, and I have way too much stuff there to change now.

It's fun isn't it!

swat, swat, swat, swat ------------ smack, thump ----------- grrrrrrrr

Yip - great

swat, swat

:D:);)

PS What's more worrying is that I called it a 'bug' --------- too many American cruise lines -----------

Edited by Presto2

We are booked in Britannia Club on QM2 because I want/need a quieter environment. We have requested a table for two.

Does anybody know how it works if we are unsuccessful in our request.

What I mean is - if we are allocated to a table for four or more and cannot get it changed how does the "anytime dining" concept actually work.

Are you expected to liaise with the other occupants of your table or would you be expected to wait for the table to be full before receiving service :confused::confused::confused:.

We have been considering a Cunard cruise for some time, but not quite found the one that would suit us. Today, however, we discovered that Cunard do Fly cruises to the Med in August and were really impressed with the prices and the itineraries for 2014.

Generally, we prefer Freedom Dining on cruises, but would consider fixed dining if we could have a table for 2. I know that this sounds a little anti-social as many people love the experience of dining with their new found friends, but that is not really for us.

I'm just wondering what the tables for 2 are like on the ship - hoping that they are not like other cruise lines where you sit within inches of the table next to you.

Many thanks for your help :)

The earlier you book the better because based on my last two cruises everyone could not be allocated a table for 2 and then it was done on a first booked first allocated basis. Booking more than 6 months in advance should give you a decent guarantee of obtaining one. I always go for the same myself. Always call up Cunard and ask them to put in a special request and this normally shows twice on your invoice. Once in the normal dining preference and another in the ''special requests'' bit.

Are you expected to liaise with the other occupants of your table or would you be expected to wait for the table to be full before receiving service :confused::confused::confused:.

No liaising required or expected. Our experience at tables for six in QM2 PG and QG is that while there may be quite a spread in when folks arrive at table, there is a much narrower spread in when they get up to leave. At least that's true with congenial table mates (our invariable good fortune so far). And no one ever waited for others to arrive before ordering.

We are booked in Britannia Club on QM2 because I want/need a quieter environment. We have requested a table for two.

Does anybody know how it works if we are unsuccessful in our request.

What I mean is - if we are allocated to a table for four or more and cannot get it changed how does the "anytime dining" concept actually work.

We've always got a table for 2 when we've asked for one in the Grills or Club. Otherwise as pmb1 says, just turn up when you want to and the waiters will cope.