12:30AM Disembarkation?

winste

One of our potential cruise choices on Princess has disembarkation at 12:30AM.

Do they still force everybody off a couple hours after Disembarkation even if the next cruise doesn't leave until 8:30PM?

Do they still force everybody off a couple hours after Disembarkation even if the next cruise doesn't leave until 8:30PM?

I assume that the port is Whittier. No - they will let you stay on until morning.

BTW - you could have called the cruise line and found out your answer.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Thanks Don.

You're right, I could have called the cruise line. And you could have ignored my question.

I thought the purpose of the board was to ask more experienced cruisers questions. I guess I was mistaken.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You won't be able to get off the ship in Whittier until the tunnel out of town opens in the morning around 6am.

You won't be able to get off the ship in Whittier until the tunnel out of town opens in the morning around 6am.

Thanks.

Yeah, I see that now. I was hoping to catch a 7:30AM flight out of Anchorage to get home that day instead of next but see that won't be an option now.

Oh well.

Thanks.

Yeah, I see that now. I was hoping to catch a 7:30AM flight out of Anchorage to get home that day instead of next but see that won't be an option now.

Oh well.

You probably shouldn't schedule a flight out of Anchorage until 1pm or later. Many of the flights from Anchorage leave in the evening or early morning (i.e. 1am) to allow connections to the east coast.

Thanks Don.

You're right, I could have called the cruise line. And you could have ignored my question.

I thought the purpose of the board was to ask more experienced cruisers questions. I guess I was mistaken.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I answered your question accurately and promptly especially as this experienced cruiser had to figure out what port you were talking about since you did not state it in your post. I also suggested an alternative way of finding out out the information you needed even though I had already answered your question. You posted your question at 2:13 and I answered it at 2:36.

Don't know how much more you could have wanted.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

I answered your question accurately and promptly especially as this experienced cruiser had to figure out what port you were talking about since you did not state it in your post. I also suggested an alternative way of finding out out the information you needed even though I had already answered your question. You posted your question at 2:13 and I answered it at 2:36.

Don't know how much more you could have wanted.

DON

I thought you were being snarky. My apologies.

I can't verify the authenticity of this claim, but I've heard that 100% of the luggage has to be off the ship before any passengers can begin exiting the ship. That alone is enough to dictate at least a few hours of labor before the gates could legally be opened for you and the early crowd.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't verify the authenticity of this claim, but I've heard that 100% of the luggage has to be off the ship before any passengers can begin exiting the ship. That alone is enough to dictate at least a few hours of labor before the gates could legally be opened for you and the early crowd.

Not saying you're wrong, but that certainly seems like a very odd requirement and if so, most likely some strange procedure and not a legality issue.