Opera in Rome

TroubleT

There is the big main opera house and there are some other smaller houses and even some productions in ex-churches.

We saw La Traviata one our 3rd visit to Europe (Rome) and saw Madame Butterfly at La Fenice in Venice last October......both were excellent.

Just do a search for "opera in Rome" ......you will have quite a bit to choose from :)

There will be two operas up at the Teatro dell'Opera di Roma in October 2014; Cenerentola from the first through the fifith, and Rigoletto from the 21st through the end of the month.

http://www.operaroma.it/ita/index.php

Thank you all for the recommendations! :) We'll be at the beginning of October, so Rigoletto is out (since it's after Oct 21st). Cinderella is a ballet - and being from the former USSR I am really spoiled by the Bolshoi Ballet - so won't enjoy anything that is below that level. :(

I've never heard about Salon Margherita - but will check it!

Being an ex-ballet dancer mysef I enjoyed seeing the Bolshoi ballet perform Romeo and Juliet ...... I can still see it in my mind.

We actually saw La Traviata in Rome at one of the smaller venues and thoroughly enjoyed the performance. Cant remember the name of the theatre right at the moment..... will have to dig out my tickets.

Being an ex-ballet dancer mysef I enjoyed seeing the Bolshoi ballet perform Romeo and Juliet ...... I can still see it in my mind.

We actually saw La Traviata in Rome at one of the smaller venues and thoroughly enjoyed the performance. Cant remember the name of the theatre right at the moment..... will have to dig out my tickets.

Would you be so kind and try to find it for me?:)

There will be La Traviata on the days when we are in Rome. And it will be in Centro Congressi. I just wonder if it's the same place you saw La Traviata.

On our last 2 trips to Rome we (6 of us) stayed at the Hotel Quirinale which is one of the oldest Hotels in Rome and right next to the Rome Opera. In fact there is an entrance to the Opera from the Hotel. In the evening we would sit out in the Hotels beautiful garden area and listen to the Opera. This added to the enjoyment of our stay in Rome.:):):)

Would you be so kind and try to find it for me?:)

There will be La Traviata on the days when we are in Rome. And it will be in Centro Congressi. I just wonder if it's the same place you saw La Traviata.

I will try. I just moved recently and things are still a mess :eek: When I find them I will post but may take me a bit......

It was definately not Centro Congressi.

We find classictic.com website excellent for sourcing Opera tickets in Italy . Just enter your country, city, opera, month etc and all the performances for that city in your specified month are shown . You book on line. Print out vouchers at home which you present at box office which are exchanged for your admission tickets . Easy peasy !!!!