so how many of you

MzMelissa26

A doctor took out my damaged spleen 4 years ago, so I have to avoid getting sick. In 4 years I have not gotten sick at all. Just wash your hands often and use tissues, napkins, tp, etc. to open doors or touch things others may have touched before you and you will be fine.

I just smile and point out that in the bad old days when I was digging the endless ditch my co-workers would come to work sick and share it with me. I, so far, have never come down with some thing on a cruise.

Bob

Keeping hearing crap from friends and family saying how crazy you are to be taking a cruse after two infected ships in two weeks? I'm tired of hearing it and folks always trying to rain on your parade. I've been on five cruises and never had an issue and my friend has been on 20+

Mz Melissa here is my response to them.... DO THE MATH!

With over 200 ships cruising daily with an average of 2,000 passengers and crew that's 400,000 passengers per day. The last norovirus was about 6 months ago let's say 180 days that means 72,000,000 passengers did NOT get the norovirus in 6 months and now 600-800 on TWO ships got sick do the math that's 0.00001 percent of the passengers in SIX MONTHS! You have a better chance of catching a Staph infection in a hospital environment! I'll take cruising any time!

Edited by iahawkize

I work in a salon and a couple clients already said it to me already , but for the most part not too many..There're too busy busting my beans about going to DisneyWorld every yr..Although who knows, this week new set of people, new set of comments,lol....New week of "so where you going in April"? Oh well, we look at it this way, we work hard , you need a vacation and everyone has their own way on how to spend it, whether its home or away. GIve me a ship anyday !!

Do they really think no one ever contracted Noro like viruses at DisneyWorld? :D Huh?

Or at any hotel around the world? Or in nursing homes? Dormitories? Hospitals?

If so, they are ill-informed.

Edited by sail7seas

Do they really think no one ever contracted Noro like viruses at DisneyWorld? :D Huh?

I think some folks just gotta have something negative to say. Just like the comment about my feet. If I wanna hobble around the boat that's my decision lol

I just remind them of the facts.....

Carnival operates roughly 22 ships on 1144 voyages in a years time. The last CDC reportable incident of norovirus on a Carnival ship was reported on the Glory in August of 2012.

There were 205 of 3652 passengers that were affected. Bad for them for sure, but in the grand scheme of things this is a non-issue.

In the past 5 years Carnival has had only 4 reportable incidents of Norovirus.

Glory 8/2012

Glory 10/2010

Liberty 4/2009

Holiday 1/2008

4 voyages affected out of 5000+ sailings...........

I think I'll take my chances.....

This is the CDC website that I got this information from:

http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/gilist.htm#2014

Great information! Thanks for posting!

I'll take my chance as well. We enjoy cruising! :D

My thoughts exactly,lol, Why its a good thing what I really think doesnt broadcast on my forehead,lol!! Its sad when there are those days as the trip is getting closer , and your mind is well, already on vacation...yeah and all your thinking is "this time tomorrow I'll be sipping an ice cold drink as I sail into the carribean"

We've been cruising for over 30 years. I got Noro once - at DisneyWorld.