Nassau with Kids.

Riffle6

We were debating on BCH, Melia, or Wyndham. I like that BCH is so close.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We preferred Melia (it was the Sheraton at the time) over the BCH. Plus, it was cheaper. When we went to the BCH 6 years ago, it was $15 for a day pass!

We preferred Melia (it was the Sheraton at the time) over the BCH. Plus, it was cheaper. When we went to the BCH 6 years ago, it was $15 for a day pass!

Thanks. By the way, has anyone been there over Thanksgiving? I was wondering how crowded it will be. There are four other ships in port, but two are leaving just as we arrive, and the third leaves a couple of hours after we arrive.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Use a leash if you want. Parents who have needed them will support you and parents who haven't had to use them do not realize how lucky they are. Your child's safety is paramount. I would suggest you make sure your child is accustomed to the tether before travel.

We are going to Blue Lagoon in June. We are traveling with a family of first time cruisers whose daughters wanted to do a dolphin excursion. We have been to BL a few years ago and experienced the dolphin encounter so we are just going to do a beach day. The beach is gorgeous, the lagoon water shallow and calm, perfect for young children. There are also water activities and inflatables and place to eat lunch. On the other side of the island is ocean side of the beach.

We walked to the free public beach. It was really easy just leave the port area and walk right along the sidewalk until you get there. Wear watershoes. It isn't the nicest beach by a long shot. But the kids had fun. You can see the ships and we watched one pull in. You can buy a chair for like $10.

1969164_199861823558135_1908480865_n_zps55fa664b.jpg

1901360_10151906120111960_275179598_n_zpsd20b9550.jpg

1604586_10151906120026960_1334831814_n_zpsfbb7612a.jpg[/url]

Hi can you tell me the name of the free beach?

• 2 weeks later...

We've been debating whether or not to go to British Colonial for the day or not.

It's either that or we'll go to the local beach and the pirate museum and market.

I'm now starting to think that the BCH may be a nice option. Can my son go in their pool if he's not fully potty trained? (I know he can't on the ship) If so that might be nice.

I'm so torn on all of this stuff and we leave in a week!