Extra luggage prices

Should be in the back of the brochure in the A - Z section, or a Travel Agent will know.

If you do a mock booking on the website I think it gives you the option of extra allowance with the price.

Edited by Malch_uk

Take care! My experience in November was that the price was different if you book on-line via 'Flight extras' as compared with the price you pay if you book it on-line at the time of booking.

I think it was £19.95 on-line during the booking process but £27.25 (? or thereabouts) if you book on the Thomson Fly site. Obviously if you didn't buy it online at the time of booking you can't take advantage of that price retrospectively. However..... I phoned the Thomson Cruise number for 'extras' and they quoted the online price!! So don't book through the Flight Extras, try phoning.

It could have changed since then but I also booked 'two seats together' on the phone at the same time and that was cheaper too! I think that was £24 instead of £30 so definitely worth a punt. (These were prices for the TA so wouldn't be the same as if you fly both ways.)

Good luck!

Our TA didn't add our extra luggage at time of booking and I didn't realize until the invoice came through from head office. I phone her , pointing out that I thought it had been added at time of booking and have been charged £35 for 5 kgs :mad:

Edited by Little Nell

Our TA didn't add our extra luggage at time of booking and I didn't realize until the invoice came through from head office. I phone her , pointing out that I thought it had been added at time of booking and have been charged £35 for 5 kgs :mad:

Wow that's a lot, has she made a mistake?

Hiya, me again :)

Does anyone know how much it is extra to take more kg? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The basic booking on the Thomson cruise website is 20kg for free, then for an extra 5kg per passenger it seems to depend on the length of flight .... Palma Majorca £20.... Marmaris Turkey or Corfu Greece £25... Montego Bay Jamaica £35.

We will split the 5 kgs between our two cases, Jakanne. We are not taking clothes for formal night so should be ok with that.

I was thinking about Caribbean in 3 weeks and DH is not going. I would usually put the extra weight in his case (a bag of things like sun tan lotions, shower lotion, etc). DH has already said he is not taking formal clothes for cruise in September....

To be honest, I do take too much stuff.....just in case......and because it is a chance to wear it. I am just going to have to be ruthless. Everything for night time has to be worn twice so will have to be careful with the red wine! :eek:

The invoice came from head office, Happy v.

Hello Little Nell, :)

I take it that's for the Caribbean Little Nell which it's probably about right. The figure I quoted was just for one way to the Carinbbean. I thought they didn't charge us for the Gatwick-Lisbon leg but I think I paid just under £20 for 5Kg - so perhaps £17.50 (like you) for the long leg plus a bit more for the short one.

The interesting thing would be to find out what they're charging for the same trip if you book on Thomson Fly Extras on-line. It was a piece dearer when I looked in November compared with the booking price.

I was within an ace of booking on the Fly site when I had a niggly thought I'd seen a different price on the Thomson Cruise booking site so rang up to query it. That's when I discovered I could get the lower price (for booking plane seats too) if I booked over the phone.

Why? Unbelievable - no staff required for the Thomson Fly on-line booking - someone's wages over the phone but which was cheaper? Hmmmm..........

I've just looked it up through a mock booking and yours is the on-line booking price - expensive I agree but you've not been overcharged as far as I can see. I can't get into the Fly site because I haven't got a holiday booked (boo hoo) and you need a ref number. I doubt you will be able to either as it only becomes operative closer to your holiday but it would be an interesting exercise for you to check later on and just see if they would have charged you more going down that route.

Now that is a rip-off - why should you pay more just because of the method of booking?

I've just checked using my booking no. and it's the same price in flight extras as on the booking form. I think it was changed after you mentioned it last year Kruzseeka.

Thanks for checking that out happy v. :)

Well at least that's consistent. It just made me cross to think people might inadvertently end up paying more than they needed to. Another example of left and right hand but pleased to know it's now not an issue.