Steakhouse Attire?

nursepixie

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I was wondering if they are strict on steakhouse attire? I won't have anything elegant with me, but I won't look like a slob either. I just need to know if I should cancel my reservations. First time cruise on the Breeze 7/13/14. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We saw men in the Steakhouse dressed from suits and ties to dress pants and a button down shirt with and without ties and kahaki pants and a polo style shirt. We did not see anyone in tee shirts or shorts. Most of the women were in dresses, nice sun dresses or dress pants and nice tops.

I would definitely be dressed nice, but my husband doesn't even own anything that fancy. He would probably just wear nice jeans and either a polo or a button down shirt.

That will be fine as long as it's not formal night. They will turn men away with shorts, we had it happen to one of our party on the 1st night. Luckily he had a pair of jeans in his carry on! You will love the Steakhouse!:)

I would definitely be dressed nice, but my husband doesn't even own anything that fancy. He would probably just wear nice jeans and either a polo or a button down shirt.

You will be fine! Here is the info from Carnival.com and what you describe is fine - except maybe if your are going to the steakhouse on elegant night.

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=wear

How can I find out which nights are cruise elegant?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You are sailing the 6-day itinerary...right??

My guess is the sea days......Day 2 - on your way to Ocho Rios and Day 6 on your way back in to Miami - but that's only a guess

I also think the Steakhouse staff could confirm - for sure. I would also suggest that you make your reservation BEFORE boarding. The Steakhouse on the Breeze is much smaller than on other ships and it fills up fast.

You can make your reservations and ask about the elegant night by email: brsteakhouse@carnival.com

Edited by happy cruzin

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I was wondering if they are strict on steakhouse attire? I won't have anything elegant with me, but I won't look like a slob either. I just need to know if I should cancel my reservations. First time cruise on the Breeze 7/13/14. Thanks in advance!

Casual everynight. Enjoy.

You are sailing the 6-day itinerary...right??

My guess is the sea days......Day 2 - on your way to Ocho Rios and Day 6 on your way back in to Miami - but that's only a guess

I also think the Steakhouse staff could confirm - for sure. I would also suggest that you make your reservation BEFORE boarding. The Steakhouse on the Breeze is much smaller than on other ships and it fills up fast.

You can make your reservations and ask about the elegant night by email: brsteakhouse@carnival.com

I actually already made my reservation months ago.....on day 2 :/. I'll email and ask. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by nursepixie

For our last cruise (on the Liberty), we had reservations for the steak house on the first evening. After the sail away, I made it a point to stop by the steak house and ask about the dress code. I was told "No shorts and no flip-flops." Other than that, I don't think a suit and tie (or dress) is required. "Business casual" is usually acceptable.

John Heald just had a section on his Facebook page about Jeans in the Steak House. He says they're not allowed.

Some of the people commenting said they had been turned away at the door for wearing jeans.

From the Carnival site they say:

*Please note: Steakhouses are only available on Conquest-class, Spirit-class, Splendor-class and Dream-class ships. Please refer to Carnival.com to see if your ship has a steakhouse onboard. Requested dates and times will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis. If requested time is full, the next available time slot will be assigned. Dress Code is Cruise Elegant. Jeans allowed on Cruise Casual evenings. The $35 fee includes an appetizer, entrée, dessert and the wait staff's gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion. The reservation fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through the bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water. By popular request, all dining rooms are smoke-free. Please allow 2 1/2 hours for dining experience.

Edited by dubois

John Heald just had a section on his Facebook page about Jeans in the Steak House. He says they're not allowed.

Some of the people commenting said they had been turned away at the door for wearing jeans.

*Please note: Steakhouses are only available on Conquest-class, Spirit-class, Splendor-class and Dream-class ships. Please refer to Carnival.com to see if your ship has a steakhouse onboard. Requested dates and times will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis. If requested time is full, the next available time slot will be assigned. Dress Code is Cruise Elegant. Jeans allowed on Cruise Casual evenings. The $35 fee includes an appetizer, entrée, dessert and the wait staff's gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion. The reservation fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through the bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water. By popular request, all dining rooms are smoke-free. Please allow 2 1/2 hours for dining experience.

Well that is certainly NOT what he said on his fb page when the policy changed to more casual dress in the Steakhouse:

276798_144285012280735_967028679_q.jpg

Options

John Heald · 46,949 like this

May 7, 2011 at 1:23pm ·

• so the web cams work which is great news. The other news is that we have decided after reading the poll here on FB that with the exception of elegant nights to allow jeans in the Steakhouse and this will be adopted fleetwide immediatley. They have to be nice jeans, no holes or rips and still we will not allow t shirts. But like most steakhouses on land we want to adopt a more casual, comfortable feel

That is the case for Elgant night - maybe that's what he was referring to. :confused:

DH and I have done "dress" jeans - with a polo shirt for him as a dressy sweater for me - on regular nights in the Steakhouse on many occasions and never had a problem.

On January 27 Heald posted

"Your hundreds of comments about jeans have been fascinating to read. The bottom line is that regardless of where the ship is sailing from jeans are not permitted in the Steakhouse. And that applies to designer jeans made by an Italian fashion house stitched together with thread made from a Peacocks scrotum or a huge pair of denims from Big Bubbas Fat and Tall shop."

He later wrote "Just to clarify. Jeans are allowed in the Steakhouse on every night EXCEPT elegant night. But they can not be Swiss Cheese jeans."

On January 27 Heald posted

"Your hundreds of comments about jeans have been fascinating to read. The bottom line is that regardless of where the ship is sailing from jeans are not permitted in the Steakhouse. And that applies to designer jeans made by an Italian fashion house stitched together with thread made from a Peacocks scrotum or a huge pair of denims from Big Bubbas Fat and Tall shop."

He later wrote "Just to clarify. Jeans are allowed in the Steakhouse on every night EXCEPT elegant night. But they can not be Swiss Cheese jeans."

So we are saying the same thing....jeans are allowed in the Steakhouse - except on elegant nights.