Paradise or Fascination in June??

dogchopper

We are planning a cruise mid June and can't decide between the Paradise out of Tampa or Fascination out of Jacksonville :)l. We've been on the Fascination once years ago and really loved it.

This time we are taking friends with us who have never cruised before. They are not so sure they would like Bahamas which is why we thought about the fascination.

Just not sure because its an older ship that has t been updated in a while ?? So, any info /opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by dogchopper

We are planning a cruise mid June and can't decide between the Paradise out of Tampa or Fascination out of Port canaveral. We've been on the Fascination once years ago and really loved it.

This time we are taking friends with us who have never cruised before. They are not so sure they would like Bahamas which is why we thought about the fascination.

Just not sure because its an older ship that has t been updated in a while ?? So, any info /opinion would be greatly appreciated.

The fascination sails out of jacksonville......the Sensation sails out of PC

We've been on both itineraries out of Jacksonville on the fascination and the 4 day out of Tampa on the paradise. We enjoyed both ships and really wouldn't have a preference there...however- we LOVE Cozumel and would always pick Caribbean over Bahamas. It's just a "step up" as far as we are concerned.

We are planning a cruise mid June and can't decide between the Paradise out of Tampa or Fascination out of Jacksonville :)l. We've been on the Fascination once years ago and really loved it.

Nothing against the Fascination, it was the first ship we cruised on, but unless your stopping at Half Moon Cay on the Fascination, I would take the Paradise. Cozumel beats Nassau for us any day.

We've been on both itineraries out of Jacksonville on the fascination and the 4 day out of Tampa on the paradise. We enjoyed both ships and really wouldn't have a preference there...however- we LOVE Cozumel and would always pick Caribbean over Bahamas. It's just a "step up" as far as we are concerned.
I do love Cozumel too, but I love half moon cay.. Decisions decisions

Nothing against the Fascination, it was the first ship we cruised on, but unless your stopping at Half Moon Cay on the Fascination, I would take the Paradise. Cozumel beats Nassau for us any day.
see that is the problem. It is a half moon cay one. That's what makes it hard for me.

I do love Cozumel too, but I love half moon cay.. Decisions decisions

see that is the problem. It is a half moon cay one. That's what makes it hard for me.

Half Moon has some of the most beautiful water I have ever seen....love that place!

At Cozumel we book a day pass at Nachi Cocum which give you a three course meal and all the drinks you want......all day...served on the beach.....:D

Yep you do have a difficult decision.......

Edited by GTO-Girl

Half Moon has some of the most beautiful water I have ever seen....love that place!

At Cozumel we book a day pass at Nachi Cocum which give you a three course meal and all the drinks you want......all day...served on the beach.....:D

Yep you do have a difficult decision.......

Thanks!! Your not helping me at all:D

I do love the turtles in Cozumel oh boy!!!

I think it really depends on what you want to do in the ports, so figuring that out may help you make a decision. If you are a beach person, then HMC is one of the most beautiful beaches, much nicer than many of the beaches in Cozumel. But Cozumel has a lot of all inclusive options, if you're into the all inclusive experience. We went to Nachi Cocom and while I loved the food, I hated the beach. If the beach isn't that big if a deal, but an all inclusive is, then you'll get that in Cozumel. Not sure about any all inclusive options in Nassau, I haven't been to a beach there. We did a city tour in Nassau one time that I loved, but not everyone is into that. We didn't do an excursion in Grand Cayman, but my understanding is that the beaches are nice there.

As far as the ships go, the Fascination has the waterworks, Paradise does not. Fascination also has balconies, the Paradise doesn't. I've never been on the Paradise, but those are the main differences that I am aware of, otherwise I think the ships are fairly similar, someone else may be able to comment on that. If neither of these things matter, then I really would just research what you'd want to do and make a decision that way. That always helps me!

Thanks, that helps. I do love the beaches. I just wonder how hot it will be then?? As much as I love a beach I don't like roasting :)

I think we are leaning more towards Paradise. I am happy with everything about it other than the fact that it does t have half moon cay. it seems like a wonderful cruise.

I've been on trips from May to August, and it's always nice to have some shade during those months. :). And if you don't make it to HMC this time, there is always next time! If that's the only thing holding you back, then I think you're making a good decision about doing the Paradise itinerary. Even though I didn't care for the actual beach, I did love Cozumel, and I like that there are so many things you can do, beaches, water activities, cultural activities. It's a place I don't think I could get tired of any time soon. The third time in Nassau was enough for me, and I don't have a desire to go back until we take our kids there to do things I know they would like.

I've been on trips from May to August, and it's always nice to have some shade during those months. :). And if you don't make it to HMC this time, there is always next time! If that's the only thing holding you back, then I think you're making a good decision about doing the Paradise itinerary. Even though I didn't care for the actual beach, I did love Cozumel, and I like that there are so many things you can do, beaches, water activities, cultural activities. It's a place I don't think I could get tired of any time soon. The third time in Nassau was enough for me, and I don't have a desire to go back until we take our kids there to do things I know they would like.

Yep, I'm really leaning more towards Paradise. We've never sailed out if Tampa and I love the itinerary, I guessing will be ok without half moon cay. This has helped a lot!! Thanks.