Royal: forward vs. aft balconies

cibaygirls

Ok, so I am just looking for people's opinions, which I am aware will be very subjective. I have an aft balcony booked (the first one ever for us) for the repositioning on the Royal in October from NY to FL. It is a 10 day cruise with a lot of sea days. I am very worried about the soot issues and just read some reviews of the forward facing balconies and am now considering switching up.

I am curious what other's experiences have been and what other's opinions are. I feel like there would very likely be sea days in a forward facing balcony we wouldn't be able to use the balcony but would save significant money, whereas we would roll the dice with an aft. Aghhhs:confused:Help, I am so confused.

Dana

I had an aft premium deluxe balcony on the Royal (D729) and had no soot complaints. I really enjoyed the aft balcony - ours was larger than most and was partially covered. However, we were originally looking to book a forward-facing balcony until we found a great deal on the aft balcony.

Ok, so I am just looking for people's opinions, which I am aware will be very subjective. I have an aft balcony booked (the first one ever for us) for the repositioning on the Royal in October from NY to FL. It is a 10 day cruise with a lot of sea days. I am very worried about the soot issues and just read some reviews of the forward facing balconies and am now considering switching up.

I am curious what other's experiences have been and what other's opinions are. I feel like there would very likely be sea days in a forward facing balcony we wouldn't be able to use the balcony but would save significant money, whereas we would roll the dice with an aft. Aghhhs:confused:Help, I am so confused.

Dana

We are on the same sailing. :) Take a look at this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1977490

I had an aft premium deluxe balcony on the Royal (D729) and had no soot complaints. I really enjoyed the aft balcony - ours was larger than most and was partially covered.

However, we were originally looking to book a forward-facing balcony until we found a great deal on the aft balcony.

Thanks for this helpful info.

:cool:

I had an aft premium deluxe balcony on the Royal (D729) and had no soot complaints. I really enjoyed the aft balcony - ours was larger than most and was partially covered. However, we were originally looking to book a forward-facing balcony until we found a great deal on the aft balcony.

That is the cabin I currently have booked.. that makes me feel a lot better thanks

Dana

We're also on this cruise and booked L101 forward facing balcony (huge). After I saw the pictures, I was sold! Also, the price was too good to turn down. I believe that there is only one left on Lido deck, as of today.