Removing Balcony Partitions...

Cruising AOS in Sept with family. Has anyone ever had the partition removed between your two rooms. From what I can tell the partition between our two rooms is smoked glass, we shared the same opening but it's divided.

I read a few years ago that some people unscrewed it with a pocket knife then had the staff haul it away... Anyone have any info on this let me know!!!

We are on the HUMP! 7620 and 7622

It was forbidden during our last cruise on NOS. Asked the steward on the first day to open it since my SIL and BIL were next door. Said she couldn't do it - never got a real reason. I have read other posts on this board that mention security and safety concerns for having them open. I guess the captain would be worried about the doors "swinging" during rough seas and causing injury. As far as I know, the doors on NOS weren't removable. They had a key lock which seemed to allow them to open and be "tethered" to one side of the balcony. You can always ask. The worst case scenario is that they'll say "no".

Cruising AOS in Sept with family. Has anyone ever had the partition removed between your two rooms. From what I can tell the partition between our two rooms is smoked glass, we shared the same opening but it's divided.

I read a few years ago that some people unscrewed it with a pocket knife then had the staff haul it away... Anyone have any info on this let me know!!!

We are on the HUMP! 7620 and 7622

Can't remove, to much trouble. What if everone wanted to do this?:eek:

We were on the Explorer in April and it was not allowed. We had a whole row of cabins. Some of them did not have removable panels they were steel walls. Sort of a self contained unit. But those who had the regular ones were told it was not possible to remove. We were midship on deck 8.

We were just on the Mariner last week and went to the Pursor's desk to ask them if we could remove the partition between our two balconies, first they said somebody would do it, then by the next day when nobody came down, we went back and asked again and this time she said "no we don't open those because of safety reasons". So, the first person who told us we could open it was wrong.

We sailed Carnival a few years ago and they did open up the partition - makes for a nice big balcony.

we had the partition opened on the EOS in 01, just got back from the NOS on Sat, we traveled with three other couples and I asked at least 7 different people to do it (steward, housekeeping supv etc) and no one would budge....

they must be strict about it now

Suzanne

Archived