Princess Cays- 5 questions

Jetswdo

Question 1: What is the story with cell phones on P.C.? We have the old flip phones (not smart ones), yes we are dinosaurs lol. The phones are Verizon. Would the charges be similar to calling on the ship? (our phones will be shut off on board)

Question 2: We decided to treat ourselves to the Sanctuary cabana for the day. Does this also include early am tender? ( I want to max the time, since it is so expensive.)

Question 3. Does the P. Cays Sanctuary cabana shower have warm water? Only because, I would rather do a quick shower there before getting back on ship, if possible.

Question 4: For those who have rented Sanctuary cabana on P. Cays, since 11/2013, are there servers, who will bring food and drink from barbeque to the

cabana? Just want to know what to expect

Question 5: How many beach towels are provided in the cabana?

That's all, she wrote....Anita

You probably won't have cell coverage on the beach, but if you do, it will be at the ship's prices, as you'll be using the ship's tower.

The water is "solar" heated....so it will be as warm as the day might be! You'll have a shower in your cabin...much nicer!

You can get as many towels as you need...never a problem on ANY ship or cruiseline.

Edited by cb at sea

Question 1: What is the story with cell phones on P.C.? We have the old flip phones (not smart ones), yes we are dinosaurs lol. The phones are Verizon. Would the charges be similar to calling on the ship? (our phones will be shut off on board)

Question 2: We decided to treat ourselves to the Sanctuary cabana for the day. Does this also include early am tender? ( I want to max the time, since it is so expensive.)

Question 3. Does the P. Cays Sanctuary cabana shower have warm water? Only because, I would rather do a quick shower there before getting back on ship, if possible.

Question 4: For those who have rented Sanctuary cabana on P. Cays, since 11/2013, are there servers, who will bring food and drink from barbeque to the

cabana? Just want to know what to expect

Question 5: How many beach towels are provided in the cabana?

I hope this helps...we rented a "normal" cabana not a sanctuary cabana on 1/26/14. I think they are the same with the exception of the sanctuary area.

1. I don't know if we tried our phones here, but I do know that the only signal we had that didn't send an international tolls text was in St. Thomas. So, my guess would be ship's service at best.

2. With our cabana, we received vouchers for priority tender. They stated that you should proceed to the front of the tender line and present the voucher to the attendant for immediate boarding. Boarding began pretty early also...I'm thinking 8 or so.

3. Our shower was cold water, and it was more of what you'd expect at a resort beach entrance/exit. It was elevated so that you could stand under it if you wished, but it appeared to be mostly for feet washing.

4. As for servers, they were available for us, but at a per person fee. I think the fee was $25 each, but I'm not positive. We didn't opt for the servers as it was only about 100 yards to the BBQ area. Also, it was close to the same distance for the sanctuary area.

5. I think there were 4 towels inside the cabana. I can't swear to that, but I think I'm correct.

With that said, my opinion is that for us it was a waste. The water in front of us was solid, sharp rock, no beach (just rock), approximately a 4ft ledge to the water, and it was cold. We didn't need the A.C. (which was one of the reasons we got it.) There were plenty of available chairs and loungers by the groomed beach area...some in sun, and some in shade. Also, the priority tender was only for the ride to, not from. So, the lines were quite long to board for return, but not intolerable. Hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if there are more questions.

CK