Grenada Seafaris?

canadarocks

We want to snorkel at the Underwater Sculpture Park and this company has a tour that includes it plus some commentary about the island while on a boat tour. But there's not much talk here on CC about Grenada Seafaris.

Is this a good tour? Has anyone used them?

Edited by canadarocks

We want to snorkel at the Underwater Sculpture Park and this company has a tour that includes it plus some commentary about the island while on a boat tour. But there's not much talk here on CC about Grenada Seafaris.

Hi there!

We took the Seafaris tour a couple of years ago (last time we were in Grenada) and we *LOVED* it!! So much, in fact, that when planning our 2015 cruise, we looked for one which went to Grenada so we could do it again- and we have already let Seafaris know the day we will be there :D

It wasn't a long tour but it was packed with information and beautiful scenery. The crew were a lot of fun and very well informed about island history.

We really recommend it, you won't be disappointed!! :D

Let me know if you have any questions.

There are loads of reviews on TripAdvisor for this tour - maybe folk post there instead? I love this tour as it offers good info, sightseeing and snorkeling all in one.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147296-d1015083-Reviews-Grenada_Seafaris-St_George_s_Saint_George_Parish_Grenada.html

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw that they have reached 100 TripAdvisor reviews in the last couple of days. It may not seem a lot in the grand scheme of things but its more than all the other operators here. Hope you have a fab time and don't forget to post your review back here.:)

I'm looking for this tour for my November cruise to Grenada. They may be in contract with Carnival so I can't book until they find out.

I hope not since it will be cheaper but if they do, I may do it anyway because it looks like a nice excursion.

:) ah the ship prices are something aren't they. In general here most of the operators find out which contracts they have got and then work out schedules as to what dates and times they are available to take 'private' bookings. The only problem lies when there are two ships (or more) in port and there are contracts with both (or all). Fingers crossed for you!! :cool:

• 1 month later...

We just returned from our cruise and I can highly recommend Grenada Seafaris! We thoroughly enjoyed our tour, especially the Underwater Sculpture Park. The small group size was great and seeing parts of the island from the boat including the marina was lovely as well. I think the price was a little expensive, but not ridiculously so.

It was our first visit to Grenada, so next time we will do an island/spice tour. But this time we wanted to see the Sculptures! :cool:

:) ah the ship prices are something aren't they. In general here most of the operators find out which contracts they have got and then work out schedules as to what dates and times they are available to take 'private' bookings. The only problem lies when there are two ships (or more) in port and there are contracts with both (or all). Fingers crossed for you!! :cool:

Unfortunately I never heard back from them and Carnival still doesn't have them listed as an excursion so I ended up booking with Aquanauts Grenada. They get good reviews also and we priced well. They have been very responsive to emails and with 7 of us booked, I'm sure we'll have a good time either way.

Unfortunately I never heard back from them and Carnival still doesn't have them listed as an excursion so I ended up booking with Aquanauts Grenada. They get good reviews also and we priced well. They have been very responsive to emails and with 7 of us booked, I'm sure we'll have a good time either way.

So sorry they didn't get back to you it's unusual to not explain if they have a problem. Unfortunately the cruise ships have a great way of not confirming contracts with the agent (or maybe its the agent) until about June so operators are often left unable to commit. Mean of the ships and the agents and sad for the operators that have to deal with them.

I'm sure once they know they will be back in touch. Have a great time with Aquanauts when you visit our beautiful island.

So sorry they didn't get back to you it's unusual to not explain if they have a problem. Unfortunately the cruise ships have a great way of not confirming contracts with the agent (or maybe its the agent) until about June so operators are often left unable to commit. Mean of the ships and the agents and sad for the operators that have to deal with them.

I'm sure once they know they will be back in touch. Have a great time with Aquanauts when you visit our beautiful island.

Actually they did email me back yesterday after I posted this. They still do not have confirmation from Carnival and they wanted to let me know they didn't forget me. They did tell me if I could get a group together, they can bypass the ship. I wish they mentioned that to me at the beginning since we do have a large group and I could have put it out there before I booked.

I'm still willing to put in on the group page for them but I have 7 people going so I'm probably going to stick with my plans with Aquanauts since it will be too much of a hassle for everyone to cancel and rebook.

We'lve booked with Mandoo to snorkel the underwater sculpture garden next January. We've done 3 of his tours in the past and trust him to make the arrangements for us. We've always had him as our guide before; I'm sure hat this time he'll be making our arrangements but won't be on the tour with us. The tour is one of the special tours he lists on his website - google Mandoo Grenada to find it (CC asterisks it out,, so I'm not posting the link).

Edited by Miss Vickie

We'lve booked with Mandoo to snorkel the underwater sculpture garden next January. We've done 3 of his tours in the past and trust him to make the arrangements for us. We've always had him as our guide before; I'm sure hat this time he'll be making our arrangements but won't be on the tour with us. The tour is one of the special tours he lists on his website - google Mandoo Grenada to find it (CC asterisks it out,, so I'm not posting the link).

Mandoo is a great ambassador for Grenada and interesting to see he is now acting as agent for snorkeling tours. Prices look high for a two snorkel stop though :confused:. There is a fee to enter the park so check that this is included too. I would suggest that you post this on the sculpture park thread as this would be helpful for those that only want a snorkel and nothing else.

The advantage of Grenada Seafaris Powerboat Adventure is that they offer the park as part of their overall 2.5hr adventure tour which includes sightseeing and information about the nautical aspects of our island.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I very much wanted to go with seafaris due to the very good reviews on TA and CC. Unfortunately I had to cancel for personal reasons. I just wanted to share that they were absolutely professional in responding to my questions prior to booking, in providing information and they also were very understanding when I had to cancel and reassured me, that my creditcard details would be shredded right away. they seem to be a very professional yet warm hearted company and I envy everyone who has the chance to experience the tour!

We were scheduled to take the tour in December. Although we didn't get to take the tour (see below) we were very impressed with Seafaries.

It was a rainy, cloudy day. Seafaries agent (the captain's wife) met us at the port as arranged, along with several others. She told us that we could take the tour if we wanted, but that they were recommending that it be cancelled because of weather and sea conditions; rain, murky water and a swell.

We all agreed not to go, and I am glad as it poured several times as we walked around town. I felt it was very professional of them to be honest about conditions and whether or not we could actually see much at the site.

Since this meant that they had no income for that day, I felt that they were more than honest about the tour. I will certainly try again, if we get back to Grenada.

• 1 month later...
We were scheduled to take the tour in December. Although we didn't get to take the tour (see below) we were very impressed with Seafaries.

It was a rainy, cloudy day. Seafaries agent (the captain's wife) met us at the port as arranged, along with several others. She told us that we could take the tour if we wanted, but that they were recommending that it be cancelled because of weather and sea conditions; rain, murky water and a swell.

We all agreed not to go, and I am glad as it poured several times as we walked around town. I felt it was very professional of them to be honest about conditions and whether or not we could actually see much at the site.

Since this meant that they had no income for that day, I felt that they were more than honest about the tour. I will certainly try again, if we get back to Grenada.

I passed the message onto Suzanne at Grenada Seafaris so she could see your lovely comments. She said: "We pride ourselves on the quality of our tour but more importantly the safety of our guests. We had a horrendous few weeks in December and again in January where sea conditions were terribly rough. Often sea conditions simply make the water a bit cloudy so the tour does run as you can still see many of the statues in the park and often more wildlife as the nutrients are stirred up. However, if the water is rough too and we deem it unsafe then we prefer not to put our guests in that situation as we would rather have them come back safe and sound and experience the tour as it should be experienced and I think our TripAdvisor reviews reflect that commitment to our guests."

I do hope you and the previous poster do get to experience the tour next time you visit our wonderful island. Come back soon :D

I passed the message onto Suzanne at Grenada Seafaris so she could see your lovely comments. She said: "We pride ourselves on the quality of our tour but more importantly the safety of our guests. We had a horrendous few weeks in December and again in January where sea conditions were terribly rough. Often sea conditions simply make the water a bit cloudy so the tour does run as you can still see many of the statues in the park and often more wildlife as the nutrients are stirred up. However, if the water is rough too and we deem it unsafe then we prefer not to put our guests in that situation as we would rather have them come back safe and sound and experience the tour as it should be experienced and I think our TripAdvisor reviews reflect that commitment to our guests."

I do hope you and the previous poster do get to experience the tour next time you visit our wonderful island. Come back soon :D

That was our third stop in Grenada; we do love your island, and I'm sure we will be back.