Labadee cabanas and suites

CHuntMD

I believe the suite cabanas are located on Barefoot Beach. This beach is reserved for suite guests - although I think they'll book any un-booked cabanas to non-suite guests. You still have to book one through the excursions desk, concierge (or book online) and pay the same rate as non-suite cabanas.

Word is the suite area on Barefoot also gets some kind of upgraded buffet - but that may only include an extra shrimp skewer ;)

I haven't been but am sailing in a suite in April - so I've read a lot of threads on this topic.

So the Cabana's ain't free. hmmm It's just the two of us on this trip. First time on Allure and a crown suite. As we are from Maryland, can get shrimp and stuff easy.

No, definitely not free. Rates run between $225 and $250 per CABANA (not per person) for up to 6 people max, price is dependent upon cabana type (over the water, beach or hillside). Prices are the same on Barefoot Beach (suite guests) as they are on Nellie's Beach (non-suite guests).

The suite benefits are indeed the exclusive beach area, the "enhanced" buffet, and the ability to reserve through the concierge instead of trying to reserve months in advance on RCI's website.

No, definitely not free. Rates run between $225 and $250 per CABANA (not per person) for up to 6 people max, price is dependent upon cabana type (over the water, beach or hillside). Prices are the same on Barefoot Beach (suite guests) as they are on Nellie's Beach (non-suite guests).

The suite benefits are indeed the exclusive beach area, the "enhanced" buffet, and the ability to reserve through the concierge instead of trying to reserve months in advance on RCI's website.

We are looking to get one in September. We are not in a suite any thoughts on over the water or the beach. Thanks for your thoughts.

We are looking to get one in September. We are not in a suite any thoughts on over the water or the beach. Thanks for your thoughts.

Well, I can only give advice based on what we're planning and what I have researched, as this will be our first time in Labadee. :)

We've booked an over-the-water cabana just for the two of us in May. It's our 25th anniversary, so it seemed like a "romantic splurge" we'd never do otherwise. We were thinking about the zip line, but that's nearly $200 for two people, and the cabana was only $250 (and you have it all day), so that was quickly a no-brainer.

The beach cabanas seem to have a lot of foot traffic going past, while if you get any over-the-water cabana (other than #1), it's fairly private with views and entries directly to the water.

Well, I can only give advice based on what we're planning and what I have researched, as this will be our first time in Labadee. :)

We've booked an over-the-water cabana just for the two of us in May. It's our 25th anniversary, so it seemed like a "romantic splurge" we'd never do otherwise. We were thinking about the zip line, but that's nearly $200 for two people, and the cabana was only $250 (and you have it all day), so that was quickly a no-brainer.

The beach cabanas seem to have a lot of foot traffic going past, while if you get any over-the-water cabana (other than #1), it's fairly private with views and entries directly to the water.

Thank you for your response. You are right I have been to Labadee before and there is a lot of foot traffic we walked by the beach ones to check them out for a trip with DD and SIL. I did the flight line and it was expensive since it s a short practice run and then the one line over the water. I have done one in Costa Rica and outside Las Vegas and they were around 120.00 with several lines. Have fun enjoy your trip. Happy Anniversary.:D

We got a Barefoot Beach Hillside cabana ($225) on our Allure cruise in November. We liked it a lot, although if there are any mobility issues, it would not be ideal since there are jagged steps cut into the stone to get there. It was very nice with a ceiling fan (not really that much help against the heat ) and a cooler of water. There was an attendant to get you drinks, but we did not see him too much. We don't swim and wanted the privacy more than the direct access to the beach of the over the water cabanas. It was private and we enjoyed it and the views. The concierge service was very helpful. They had a concierge for the beach as well as the concierge from the ship came ashore. The ship concierge was very helpful to us when we realized that we never received the ticket for the zipline. He took my husband over in a golf cart and got it all situated quickly and efficiently. My husband enjoyed the zipline a LOT. It was well worth the cost for him. Here’s a few pictures of the view from the cabana:

cruise20131567_zps4670982a.jpg

cruise20131570_zps9b292427.jpg

cruise20131617_zpsf40fa5ed.jpg

cruise20131623_zpsdb9ce4f5.jpg

cruise20131704_zpsc79a4592.jpg