Luggage Valet - limit on bags????

chamima

Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many bags you can have to use Luggage Valet?

Is it limited to one or two per person/per cabin or can you have more?

I'd do a search but (as I think most know) the "search" feature on these boards seems to be disabled.

Thanks!

The Service fee of $20 covers 2 bags. If you are 2 people in 1 cabin traveling together, you can of course put both peoples bags as part of the $20 for 2 bags. If you have different final destinations, then you have to do it separately.

However if each person gets 1 free bag each at airport from their airline, you will need to valet separately so your bags can get an airline bag check from each person, rather than 2 from one person.

You will also have to pay any airline imposed fees besides the Celebrity Valet service fee.

Once you sign up, they will send you 2 preprinted Valet Service bag tags, which will be replaced later with actual airline bag checks as they collect your luggage.

Luggage Valet is $20/person. We flew on Southwest where we could have 2 bags free per person. We therefore traveled with 3 checked bags. We put 2 in my husband's name; one in mine. We paid $40/total for the two of us.

I don't know if there is a limit in number of bags, but we were not charged additional for the one additional bag.

The Service fee of $20 covers 2 bags. If you are 2 people in 1 cabin traveling together, you can of course put both peoples bags as part of the $20 for 2 bags. If you have different final destinations, then you have to do it separately.

However if each person gets 1 free bag each at airport from their airline, you will need to valet separately so your bags can get an airline bag check from each person, rather than 2 from one person.

You will also have to pay any airline imposed fees besides the Celebrity Valet service fee.

Once you sign up, they will send you 2 preprinted Valet Service bag tags, which will be replaced later with actual airline bag checks as they collect your luggage.

Our last cruise was a 3 day-er so we only had one bag between the two of us.

I asked if one of us could sign up for luggage valet and was told no. That if there were 2 people in the cabin either both or neither had to sign up. $40 for 2 people in a cabin, no matter the bags.

So now, on a longer cruise I'm wondering about the opposite. Say 2 people with 5 bags. (Don't expect to really have that many - I just want to know if anyone has had that experience)

Hi Karen,

I used the service 2 years ago from FLL and had 5 bags checked (14 night cruise - LOL) I asked the question if there was a limit and I was told 3 bags per person for the $20.00 dollar fee. They took our 5.

I am not sure what would happen if we had more the 3pp? Would the fee go up?

Important to know is what is the airline policy for checked bags?

Hope that helps.

Hi Karen,

I used the service 2 years ago from FLL and had 5 bags checked (14 night cruise - LOL) I asked the question if there was a limit and I was told 3 bags per person for the $20.00 dollar fee. They took our 5.

I am not sure what would happen if we had more the 3pp? Would the fee go up?

Important to know is what is the airline policy for checked bags?

Hope that helps.

HUGE help!

Thanks!

Our last cruise was a 3 day-er so we only had one bag between the two of us.

I asked if one of us could sign up for luggage valet and was told no. That if there were 2 people in the cabin either both or neither had to sign up. $40 for 2 people in a cabin, no matter the bags.

So now, on a longer cruise I'm wondering about the opposite. Say 2 people with 5 bags. (Don't expect to really have that many - I just want to know if anyone has had that experience)

Interesting that you say that both people in the cabin need to use the Luggage Valet. My sister used it after our 14 night Eclipse cruise, and I did not, since I was driving. We were in the same cabin. There was no problem.

It would be more precise to say that if both people are flying both must do Luggage Valet. This is because the service also prints out the boarding passes, in addition to checking the luggage with the airline.

If you do Luggage Valet, and you don't have to pay luggage fees due to status with the airline, or carrying their credit card, or flying first class, or whatever other reason, be sure to watch your credit card bill once you are home. It isn't unusual for charges to be put on your SeaPass account even after the final bill due to luggage fees.

Even though FLL is one of the participating airports, for a variety of reasons Luggage Valet may not be available on your particular cruise.

It was not available on Constellation in January, either, but Guest Relations said that they hope to have the "technical difficulties" ironed out later this season.

We're hoping to use this when we get back from our cruise on Reflection which leaves in 53 days (but who's counting). We're anticipating 3-4 bags since we always take too much.

According to X info it will cost $20 pp for up to 2 bags each plus whatever United will charge us for the checked bags. Way easier than looking for bags, paying a porter, making sure they get on shuttle and checked at airport. Worst case is we never see them again, file insurance claim and get some new stuff. Seriously, though, I am recovering from broken ankle and don't want to be mor encumbered than necessary.