Does Moving to Florida Make You a Cruiseaholic?

BHappy2Day

we moved from MI 30 yrs ago and YES taking more cruises since its easy to drive to all 3 ports.But also getting older and now have the MONEY to do it.So could be a combination,right?

OB nurse,funny also RN from MI(Detroit area)and LOVE the warm weather.Even summers,thanks to AC and pool in backyard.Even open windows at nite ,ALL YEAR,because I LIKE the warm(even humid)air with ceiling fans on.Now I m the exception there.

But also cruise in Europe,Asia,etc.where we have to fly.Just love both ocean and RIVER cruising.:)

Before I moved to Fort Myers in SW FL in 2010 I had only gone on 2 cruises. 1 in 1990 and 1 in 2003. I have now just booked my 7th cruise for Nov 1 and am Officially a Carnival VIFP "Gold" member

The next level is Platinum for over 75 cruise days and the highest level is Diamond for those who have cruised over 200 days. On my last cruise at the Past Guest Party I met one of the only 80 members of this elite level. She and her husband live less than 30 minutes from the Ports of Ft Lauderdale and Miami and are at the highest levels on 3 other cruise lines RCCL NCL & Princess. When asked why they cruised so much she said because we aren't dead yet!

Living within driving distance of port sure makes feeding your addiction easier, and cheaper, tho!!

Agree, we live near San Francisco. Since we retired 15 years ago, we have done a number of cruises out of SF. Probably would do more if we had more lines we like going out of SF.

We cruise twice a year, to Europe, do TAs, Western and Eastern Mediterranean, Carribean, Hawaii, Alaska .. have not yet done the Panama Canal. Will do.

Europe runs a lot more than a California coastal or Mexico. Love it when we don't have to fly, or run up hotel costs.

We are cruise addicts too. Over 45+ cruises.. lost count. :D

Alexandra: where did you work? I work at Beaumont! Small world, huh?

longest in ER and ICU at Outer Drive Hospital.

Was a pt.at Beaumont,lived in Dearborn,then Troy.

Went to Oakland Univ,for BS after AS course at Henry Ford Com College.

Then did staff relief for nursing agency,Pointe Area nurse referral .No longer in business.

Worked part time down here,RN license has reciprocity.Now semi retired and giving up license this yr.

Funny,,OB was my least favorite area.haha Oh, and Psych.whew.;)

my co-worker was a cruiseaholic, but since she bought a place in Florida (she still lives in Montreal), she doesn't need to cruise anymore....even though she still likes them. Having just come back from 6 weeks over there, she did not take any cruises.