Debarkation Zone Tag Info

suezducruz

I would like to print labels to stick on our luggage tags so that I don't have to spend time filling out the info by hand. Who can tell me what info is requested? Hate thinking about the last day :(-but want to have as much fun time as possible! :)

I would like to print labels to stick on our luggage tags so that I don't have to spend time filling out the info by hand. Who can tell me what info is requested? Hate thinking about the last day :(-but want to have as much fun time as possible! :)

Its a # that you will get.

I have mailing labels that i just stick on my luggage tags. Each tag has your cabin and what side of the ship & deck you are on. Also fwd or aft to help ease the sorting of luggage. The only thing for you to actually fill in on the luggage tags is your name.

On debarkation day, you are just given a tag with a # on it. There is nothing to fill out.

Caution...Carnival has started checking sign and sail cards for the zone #1. They have gottin wise to the zone#1 tags that people sell and instead of being first off of the ship you could "detained" for up to 4 hours and your checked bags are put over into the customs ? zone :eek:

Caution...Carnival has started checking sign and sail cards for the zone #1. They have gottin wise to the zone#1 tags that people sell and instead of being first off of the ship you could "detained" for up to 4 hours and your checked bags are put over into the customs ? zone :eek:

How in the world do they do that? Nowhere is it printed on your S&S card what debarkation number you are assigned nor is it linked to your account when you ding out.

Sounds like a bunch of scare tactics just like the letters telling everyone not to show up for boarding until after 1PM.

Here are my thoughts...

If you are flying after your cruise, list your name, airline and flight#. If you're staying at a hotel the night of debarkation, list that information. That way, if for some reason your luggage is not in the baggage claim area when you go to retrieve it, at least they would know where it's supposed to be going.

Here are my thoughts...

If you are flying after your cruise, list your name, airline and flight#. If you're staying at a hotel the night of debarkation, list that information. That way, if for some reason your luggage is not in the baggage claim area when you go to retrieve it, at least they would know where it's supposed to be going.

There is no place to list that information. All the debarkation tags are is a piece of blue plastic with a Zone # on them. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

You put them on your luggage when you set them outside of your cabin. When they call that zone to debark, you go down to the area where they have put your luggage and it will be under a sign with that zone number above them. Then you just search for your luggage among the hundreds of pieces there. Some ports may be completely different though. If I remember correctly at NOLA when we cruised from there in 2003, the luggage came out on a moving belt like it does at an airport. That was really confusing and time consuming.

Please double check to make sure you take your own luggage.

Oh man, I never thought about doing that!! (and I"m a label fanatic!).

I hate getting those and rushing through scribbling my name and info... I think my next cruise I"m going to do labels too!! Thank you for that tidbit ;)

There is no place to list that information. All the debarkation tags are is a piece of blue plastic with a Zone # on them. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

The tags I have received all had a place to write all that information in on the white side of the blue zone tag. Maybe Carnival is using different tags on different ships?

The picture I posted earlier was the back side of a zone tag.

Just back from the Dream and all the tags were blue with zone # and on the back was a very small space to put your contact information. However, if you use luggage express you don't put the zone tags on your bags. They will give you airline luggage tags along with you boarding pass. If you have luggage tags on your stuff I wouldn't worry about putting anything on the zone tags.

I don't know how they keep you from getting off once the ship is cleared. But the zone number is based on when your luggage is available inside the terminal. So if you have zone #10 it doesn't make much sense to get off when zone #1 is called as you couldn't get your luggage.

We did luggage express and just walked off whenever we wanted, we got zone #10 blue tags but never used them and they hadn't even called them yet.