Did they stop going to Cancun?

gburau

According to the NCL website, the Dream (out of Houston) will still be calling at Cancun, while the Sun (out of NO) will be stopping at Playa del Carmen. I have no idea what the facilities are in Playa del Carmen -- if there are piers or if they will still be tendering -- but we were in Playa del Carmen on our way to Tulum, and we greatly preferred the atmosphere there to Cancun.

It will be interesting to hear if they can dock or if it's still a tender port -- but we may not find out for sure until the Sun makes its' first cruise from New Orleans.

I think they are looking at docking the NCL Sun at Calica (the same place that the Carnival ships dock). That's info according to Cruisecal which shows where all the ships are docking at any port and day of your choosing. Calica is just south a few miles or so of Playa del Carmen. I think that Playa del Carmen is a tender port; but I am not absolutely certain of this. I believe somebody told me that they tender to the ferry dock at Playa.

• 3 weeks later...
I think they are looking at docking the NCL Sun at Calica (the same place that the Carnival ships dock). That's info according to Cruisecal which shows where all the ships are docking at any port and day of your choosing. Calica is just south a few miles or so of Playa del Carmen. I think that Playa del Carmen is a tender port; but I am not absolutely certain of this. I believe somebody told me that they tender to the ferry dock at Playa.

The Sun is slated to tender into Playa, not dock in Calica. But things change quickly around here!

Archived