Dark Circles Under Eyes...What Do You Use?

IMKTDQT810

I keep seeing commercials for different products but not sure what works and what does not. I got a free sample from Sephora that worked a bit (Glam Glow)...but it is 60.00 for the package of 6 applications. That is too steep for this gal!

Background on me- I don't wear make up...maybe eyeliner when we go out to dinner, but nothing for daily wear. I have worn glasses for over 20 years and last year started wearing contacts 24/7. I never noticed my dark circles while wearing the glassed but now....I look horrible with those dark circles.

What would you recommend and why?

I've always had dark circles and they are getting worse with age as the skin thins. I've tried a lot of products including prescription K cremes, preventin, clinique, and Lumiere, and nothing works at all. I rely on concealer and Revlon Colorstay pen is my favorite.

Thanks for the info (and the link)...Anytime I wear any makeup my face feels heavy...hard to explain but I know it is there and fee lit on my face. I will look into some of the elf concealer next time I'm at target. For a buck I can't beat that!

I did not know that or never heard it before; I've heard that it was caused by tanning. But since I have nearly given up all dairy except fat free cottage cheese, I do see an improvement, but didn't connect the 2. 2 of my sons actually do have dairy allergies, tho I've never had any side effects that I knew of. I was resigned since I have no intention of continuing to tan some each pre-cruise season. Thanks for the info!

Try using a corrector. I know you said you don't wear makeup, but a salmon/peach colored corrector will help counteract the green/blue tint of under eye circles and help conceal them. Bobbi Brown sells a couple great correctors. Also if you use a corrector or concealer, make sure you set it with a little bit of powder. It can be a translucent powder with no color - the powder will help the cream corrector last longer.

Hope this helps! :)

Edited by ClassyGame

Try using a corrector. I know you said you don't wear makeup, but a salmon/peach colored corrector will help counteract the green/blue tint of under eye circles and help conceal them. Bobbi Brown sells a couple great correctors. Also if you use a corrector or concealer, make sure you set it with a little bit of powder. It can be a translucent powder with no color - the powder will help the cream corrector last longer.

Hope this helps! :)

Bobbi Brown's comes with a powder to set the corrector/concealer.

I like the Trish McEvoy pink corrector pencil....it reflects light, so it doesn't really "cover", but creates an optical illusion so dark circles aren't so noticable. It's matte, not sparkly, but does the trick!

Sometimes, make up is helpful, especially, when you are trying to cover up or correct flaws!

I keep seeing commercials for different products but not sure what works and what does not. I got a free sample from Sephora that worked a bit (Glam Glow)...but it is 60.00 for the package of 6 applications. That is too steep for this gal!

Background on me- I don't wear make up...maybe eyeliner when we go out to dinner, but nothing for daily wear. I have worn glasses for over 20 years and last year started wearing contacts 24/7. I never noticed my dark circles while wearing the glassed but now....I look horrible with those dark circles.

What would you recommend and why?

I've tried everything and nothing seems to make mine completely disappear (heredity and deep set eyes), but the best so far to diminish them is Cle de peau....expensive, but I apply it with a brush and it lasts forever, or a year or more, whichever comes first:p

My god I could of written this!!! LOl, seriously .. I have dark circles due to my wonderful italian heritage, (got them from my noni, ) I have tried so many different things, bobbi brown(although I like the setting powder), clinique, mary kay, avon,benefit, bare minerals, I really could go on. Either too light too dark , settles in and makes you look old! Best thing I've tried so far is "bye bye under eye" by it cosmetics, you really need only a dot, I bough mine on ebay for $10 , tiny little tube but it lasts and its waterproof...

My god I could of written this!!! LOl, seriously .. I have dark circles due to my wonderful italian heritage, (got them from my noni, ) I have tried so many different things, bobbi brown(although I like the setting powder), clinique, mary kay, avon,benefit, bare minerals, I really could go on. Either too light too dark , settles in and makes you look old! Best thing I've tried so far is "bye bye under eye" by it cosmetics, you really need only a dot, I bough mine on ebay for $10 , tiny little tube but it lasts and its waterproof...

You might want to try using a primer first. It keeps concealer and foundation from settling into creases. I just discovered one by Tarte - wonderful but expensive stuff! :D

• 2 weeks later...

http://shopping.yahoo.com/news/11-easy-ways-to-make-your-eyes-look-bigger-181945471.html

The link above is an article I just read a few minutes ago. A lot of these tricks though work for dark circles. Use a concealer a shade lighter than your skin tone. Also, blending some eye shadow underneath your eye conceals some of the darkness. Just opening the eyes up is a great way to deflect from a dark under eye.