Labadee Excursion to Castaway at Malfini

maryh307

Hi Everyone,

DH and I did an excursion to Paridise Cove in Labadee last year and enjoyed the beautiful beach area, water and tour. This year we seen another beach/water excursion for Castaway at Malfini beach. Has anyone done this excursion. At $65 a person is it worth the boat ride and stop to swim at this beach?

We didn't stop at the beach right at the pier last year just shopping, lunch and our excursion. Is the beach and swimming area right at the pier just as good as an excursion?

Would appreciate the help.

Been to malfini twice and it was quiet and beautiful on both occasions, the toilet is not the best a single cubicle in a wee hut thing but its was a lovely few hours, go on YouTube and put in for Malfini beach and you will get an idea, hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

We are sailing on the Grandeur on March 18. I have booked the excursion Cultural Tour on Paradise. Did you like it? It said there was moderate exercise. How much walking is there? DH sometimes uses a cane & I have to watch my step. I just fell this week. All the other excursions are mild exercise. Then I just thought we would lie on Labadee Beach, lunch & check out the shops.

I assume it's the same cultural tour that goes to Paradise Island that we were on last year. The boat ride took about 1/2 hour each way. The stop at Paradise Island was worth it. Everyone enjoyed the trip and was glad to spend a few hours there. We ranged in age from 5 years old to 63 years old. The water and beach area where the boat is docked at, is just so beautiful. We went with DD and family. There were 7 of us in all. Oldest grandchild who likes cultural tour and history climbed the aprox. 20 stone steps with us(60-63 yr old grandparents). The tour took about an hour. If interested you can purchase items, but we did that back at the pier in the AM. We took purchases back to the boat before lunch was served. As for concern about the level of difficulty, it can be difficult to climb for some but the tour guides can help you. There are stops every few steps to review plants, learn a little about the island and stations. Our then 16yr old Grandson stayed at the beach. He and youngest GD just wanted to swim. You can do both. There were a few who took longer to climb each section but a few with canes were able to get around. Some in our party never climbed up to see the tour or stations, just enjoyed the beach and water.

Hope this helped!

I assume it's the same cultural tour that goes to Paradise Island that we were on last year. The boat ride took about 1/2 hour each way. The stop at Paradise Island was worth it. Everyone enjoyed the trip and was glad to spend a few hours there. We ranged in age from 5 years old to 63 years old. The water and beach area where the boat is docked at, is just so beautiful. We went with DD and family. There were 7 of us in all. Oldest grandchild who likes cultural tour and history climbed the aprox. 20 stone steps with us(60-63 yr old grandparents). The tour took about an hour. If interested you can purchase items, but we did that back at the pier in the AM. We took purchases back to the boat before lunch was served. As for concern about the level of difficulty, it can be difficult to climb for some but the tour guides can help you. There are stops every few steps to review plants, learn a little about the island and stations. Our then 16yr old Grandson stayed at the beach. He and youngest GD just wanted to swim. You can do both. There were a few who took longer to climb each section but a few with canes were able to get around. Some in our party never climbed up to see the tour or stations, just enjoyed the beach and water.

Hope this helped!

Yes, this helps a lot. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I did find of video of this tour & it looks like the boat comes in close to shore then anchors & you have to wade in from there. Is this true?

Yes you are close to shore and not very deep if I remember correctly. The year before on a snorkel/beach trip we were disappointed because adults couldn't stand on their own when leaving the boat in Bermuda. The youngest didn't get to enjoy the beach or area. She couldn't swim yet and unsure of life jacket and deep feel of water had to go back into the boat. Last year on this excursion our then 5 yr old grandchild had on a life jacket but could almost walk in on her own. I don't think any adult had a problem with the walk in.