Holiday Inn Port of Miami

crazycruzer68

We stayed there because it was across from Bayside. No shuttle and no parking if you rent a car (their tiny lot costs $$ and is always full).

And there was SO MUCH hair. In the tub and sink...on the towels...on the floor. I'm admittedly picky about hotel cleanliness, but even my un-picky husband was irritated. Needless to say, we skipped showers. :rolleyes: Would definitely not stay there again. The staff were rude as well...just a bad experience.

But it is near Bayside, and Bayside is awesome! And also the metrorail line that travels to the airport. I guess it depends on your opinion of location vs cleanliness.

It is your average Holiday Inn, but with a great location -- some rooms offer a view of the port, which is a great thing to see the morning of your cruise. There are many other hotels in downtown Miami that are also close to POM as well as shopping/dining -- check out the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Intercontinental, Marriott, Hyatt and Doubletree.

And there was SO MUCH hair. In the tub and sink...on the towels...on the floor. I'm admittedly picky about hotel cleanliness, but even my un-picky husband was irritated.

Ieeeewwwww!!! Even if I WAS considering this hotel, this here put me right off....

Thinking we may book this for our August pre cruise, stay one night. We are flying into Miami. It is $126 a night and nice that it's within walking distance of Bayside Marketplace.

We've stayed there on our last four cruises out of Miami and love it for one night pre-cruise. Anything longer and I would look for a different part of Miami like the beach area. That has nothing to do with the hotel just location.

It is your average Holiday Inn, but with a great location -- some rooms offer a view of the port, which is a great thing to see the morning of your cruise. There are many other hotels in downtown Miami that are also close to POM as well as shopping/dining -- check out the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Intercontinental, Marriott, Hyatt and Doubletree.

We just booked the Hampton Inn for our pre-cruise stay. It is one of the top rated hotels in the area and there were enough pros to make it the winner in my comparison. (I'm a geek, I put together a spreadsheet to compare our hotel options.) The beds were queen, not doubles, it included free wifi and breakfast, and though not directly across from Bayside there is easy, and I believe free, transportation around the area available.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Thanks everyone for your comments, still on the fence about this one. I was wondering when you say across the street is that street a 5 lane highway?

It is 3 lanes each direction. However there is traffic light right on the corner of the hotel to cross the street with ease.

I've stayed at this Holiday Inn on business trips at least 5 times now and have never experienced a dirty room. It was just refurbished 2-3 years ago. I highly recommend it. If you can get the IC for a similar price then you should but this HI is just fine. Bayside is directly across the street.

BobK/Orlando

For the right price, the HI is fine and as stated in a very good location. Thus the popularity.

The "hair" anecdote is a rare occurance and should have been handled at check in. Obviously that particular room wasn't cleaned. Shuttles and FREE parking are not included in downtown Miami hotels and should not be expected. These are perks included at airport chain hotels.

The IC is a typical larger business hotel. Most would choose that one if the price was right. It's a couple block walk from Bayside Market Place (same side of the street)

Edited by eandj

The only thing nice about the hotel is it is right across from the Marketplace. We were there 3 weeks ago got stuck with a room right over the air conditioner, the walls are paper thin and the bathroom paint was peeling off of the walls. I will never stay there again!!

We just booked the Hampton Inn for our pre-cruise stay. It is one of the top rated hotels in the area and there were enough pros to make it the winner in my comparison. (I'm a geek, I put together a spreadsheet to compare our hotel options.) The beds were queen, not doubles, it included free wifi and breakfast, and though not directly across from Bayside there is easy, and I believe free, transportation around the area available.

You are so right about the beds at the Hampton being queens not doubles. It can be hard to find a hotel with two queens rather then two doubles. Our group also just booked the Hampton for our pre cruise stay and have read nothing but positive reviews. Stayed at Fortune House this past November but we wanted a real hotel this time. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn before and for the money I would choose Hampton over Holiday Inn everytime.

• 3 weeks later...
You are so right about the beds at the Hampton being queens not doubles. It can be hard to find a hotel with two queens rather then two doubles. Our group also just booked the Hampton for our pre cruise stay and have read nothing but positive reviews. Stayed at Fortune House this past November but we wanted a real hotel this time. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn before and for the money I would choose Hampton over Holiday Inn everytime.

Now you tell me after I just booked the hotel. Oh, well. I think we will be fine. It is just for one night.

The Holiday Inn is your typical Holiday Inn. The benefit is location.

Personally I would look at Hampton Inn. The restaurants it is near at Mary Brickell Village are much more diverse than Bayside and it's distance to the port of Miami is about another five to eight minutes. You also get breakfast included at Hampton Inn.

Keith

We have a large group sailing next month and we are all staying at the Hampton. I did a lot of research and virtually all the reviews were glowing and positive. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn and I liked the location and view from the room, but the hotel itself was showing its age in my opinion and not kept up. When checking rates, the Holiday Inn really wasn't that much less then the Intercontinental. So if you like that area, I would definitely choose the Intercontinental. I joined Hilton Honors and then booked at the Hampton and got a really good rate. Plus there is a free trolley and metromover that will get you to Bayside in 5 to ten minutes.

Stayed here for one night pre-cruise in October 2013. Found the hotel to be very clean and the staff super friendly. As others have posted it is directly across the street from Bayside. There are quite a few nice restaurants and bars there, as well as entertainment in the evenings. Pretty much everyone staying at the hotel was booked on the Breeze with us that night, so there was a bit of a pre-cruise "party" at the pool. Will definitely stay here again!

I stayed at H.I. POM one night before our cruise. I didn't have any problems with our room. The room was clean, staff was friendly and the pool was a nice touch. Only thing, they don't let you check in early, but they will hold your luggage for you. Bayside mall is across the street. There's traffic lights and crosswalks to help you get across the street. Just follow the lights. There's a CVS down the street for any last minute items. Took a cab to Ocean Drive for dinner and drinks...it was about $20 each way. Is the hotel fancy and glamorous? No. Would I stay there again pre-cruise? Absolutely. I have some pics on my external drive. I can post them soon.

In the meantime, here was the view from my room.

227915_10151052052911604_983551836_n.jpg